Schick Platinum DE - the razor that almost doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Apr 13, 2015.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Very Coooool!

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's where nearly all my best buys happen - in the wild at antique or thrift stores, estate sales, and flea markets. Best prices when someone isn't even sure those cruddy, crusty old razors will sell. For the price you paid @Pavlek they sure will!

Hembree and Enrico like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Pictures man!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Can I posit an obvious question... Is there any reason for this razor to exist? Is it better than a Krona in any aspect? From what I've read "More Plastic. Less Efficient" makes this a razor I find it hard to get excited about.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    Linuxguile likes this.
  5. Linuxguile

6. Linuxguile

To me the head geometry is identical to the krona. It's just the cool factor that makes this a desirable razor for me.

7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I guess I don't equate scarce with cool. Looks like an ugly plastic design fail to me. Interesting but I wouldn't buy one even if it were cheap. But then I'm not a Toggle chaser either, ugly expensive vs ugly cheap. Now if it was a superior shaver I'd be all over it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Linuxguile likes this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

If these were branded Eversharp they had to have been made pre 1970.

I found proof of what would be the earliest date for these being introduced in Canada.
    This ad is from the Windsor Star Oct. 17th. 1967
    sp1967adh.jpg

Full page ad attached. So we can say unless find evidence of this razor being sold without Eversharp branding then the possible date range is 1967 to 1970 depending which market it was sold in.

Attached Files:

Linuxguile likes this.