Schick Repeating Razor Owners Club (SRROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Redfisher, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Your in! Member #9

Billyfergie likes this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Dang, I was an ex-member of this club before it even started. I used to have an A, B1 & 2, and C type, back when I was scratching that collector's itch.

I just didn't care for the way they shaved (back then). My technique may have improved enough over the years to enjoy them now. I just found them to be a bit too aggressive, and the balance didn't feel good, compared to the Gillette's.

Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  3. Redfisher

And we have a 10th member, Great!

twhite and Billyfergie like this.
  4. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I managed to snatch both of mine for $45 as a lot with a pack of vintage blades on eBay. Took me about 2 months of looking and they were mislabeled. I found them accidentally while browsing a "Schick" search. I was looking for a krona.

mrchick and twhite like this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

So true. I just found a second one B2 with the closed comb. It too was not listed properly. Got it for $24. I should be receiving it by the end of the week. It only had 2 pictures. So i am not sure if it works. But for that price i can try fixing it and not feel to bad if i mess it up. I can always just load by hand.

Billyfergie and mrchick like this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Maybe it's because I'm looking more now but there does seem to be more of them around these days on the bay - which, probably also explains the lower price points.

twhite likes this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

At this rate the SRROC is going to surpass the MORS in memberships :)

Billyfergie and twhite like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I hope i can find an A and C in the future at some decent prices. I am holing out hope to find one of any model in the wild though. That is a real rush.

Hodge and mrchick like this.
  9. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

My B Type Repeater...:p
    [​IMG]

Billy...:chores016:

Hodge, DrTerror, Rufus T. and 6 others like this.
  10. DDuckyMark

11. DDuckyMark

Cleaned but not polished. They look rough but they feel great. The B type is slightly more comfortable for me but I had to shave half my face with each to tell because the difference was so slight. I might pull out some polish and buff like mad to see how pretty I can make them. The C type has a scratch on the head. Looks bad but I never felt it while shaving. Both have pristinely working innerds. Smooth like butter.

12. Redfisher

Ya gotta shine me up! Make em feel pretty again!

Billyfergie likes this.
  13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

This one is in transit to me. It will need more than a little shining!
    [​IMG]

DrTerror, Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

You will be surprised. Black means there is still silver on it. Try cleaning with dawn really good. Then try the Aluminum foil and baking soda. Do that 3 or 4 times. It will remove a boat load of the tarnish. Then use your favorite polish and go to town.

Billyfergie and mrchick like this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

This you need to photo-document the cleaning process of :)

twhite and Billyfergie like this.
  16. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

17. Redfisher

Looks like we have another member #11 Welcome!

18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Man this club is growing fast. I am really anxious to try mine out. I have to wait until December ad Bama made me do NOVember and i chose an ER 1912.
    We need input on how they shave for everyone. Also share how to fix them when the needed.
    Repeaters rule.

19. Redfisher

Glad to see some interest and enthusiasm for these razors! We need some shave pics! Let's see these beauties in their natural setting :eatdrink013:

Billyfergie likes this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

HERE is a link to how to load your Type B razor. It has nice music for it. Just in case anybody wants to know.