Schick Repeating Razor Owners Club (SRROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Redfisher, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I'm thinking about this and I think the razor try's to pickup 2 blades and then gets stoppered. I have a NOS pack of 20 blades to fit but I wonder if they shave OK and second 20 blades would last quite awhile and I would hate to have them rust inside the handle.

Rufus T. and clint64 like this.
  2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Yeah that's what happens Sir...It tries to pick two up sometimes because they are thinner than the original ones...The NOS Repeater blades will offer a rough ride..Even the later Eversharp Repeater blades are junk to be honest....I just play it safe and hand feed mine...:)
    Billy...:chores016:

Rufus T., Redfisher, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  3. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Redfisher. I am looking for the correct sized snaps. Hope to find something this weekend. I will keep you posted.

Redfisher and Billyfergie like this.
  4. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello all, I have a repeater I've had for awhile, that we have just Identified as a C-3. Inside the magazine door there is a number. It is 1200. I was wondering what the significance of this number is. Here are a few photos of the repeater.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446698771.977404.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446698792.343023.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446698811.575887.jpg

I started to read back a few pages in this thread, and I discovered someone else has one just like mine. Mine needs a real good cleaning, and to do it right I'll probably have to take it apart. I saw, but did not read a thread referenced about these razors which I will examine later. You folks have been very helpful, and I appreciate every big of assistance I have received. Thanks in advance for all input.

Norcalnewb, Rufus T., Hodge and 5 others like this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Hi
    I am brand new to owning a SRR. So i too am trying to learn as much about these as i can. I am hoping this thread will turn into a great resource for all things SRR.
    Have you shaved with it yet? If so we would love to hear about it.

Tom

Edit. By the way nice looking razor. That is on my wish list.

6. Morman Bridge

Hello Tom, I have not shaven with it yet. I have had it for about 6 months to a year, but I haven't cleaned it yet. I was afraid to damage it. I think I'll try to take it apart of I can find the right references. I'll be sure to post when I do shave with it though.

7. Redfisher

Cool!

Billyfergie likes this.
  8. Redfisher

Welcome member #13!

Morman Bridge and Billyfergie like this.
  9. Morman Bridge

Thank You!!!

Billyfergie likes this.
  10. Redfisher

Had a nice 2 pass shave this morning before work, #4 on the chick blade and still going strong. I'm finding it easy to use. I'm just about ready to see if it will cycle a blade without hanging up. If I could get the slide out I think if you put a slight bevel on the bottom edge of the part that pushes the blade out you could prevent it from trying to grab two blades. Does anyone know how to remove the slide from a type B? image.jpeg

clint64, Karl G, Rufus T. and 3 others like this.
  11. Redfisher

You might want to get with @Rufus T. He has one all the way apart.

Karl G, Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

You might wait until he figures out how to get it back together

Karl G, Rufus T., Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  13. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Can we put Humpty Dumpty Back Together Again...:happy097:
    Billy...:chores016:

14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

As the Founder of the club, I hereby grant you membership. Welcome aboard.

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  15. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Sheesh, thousands of comedians out of work and we're stuck with you guys! :happy068:

16. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Karl G likes this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Have a new friend coming to keep my B1 company. I hope it works as nice as my first one. Should be getting it tomorrow.
    This will keep me out of trouble for the evening cleaning and playing with it. I can't wait until December when I can shave with these bad boys.
    [​IMG]

Karl G, Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  18. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Photo's of my second B2, I received yesterday
    The Good:
    [​IMG]
    The Bad:
    [​IMG]

The razor head is missing the thin piece that holds the blade in place. I know why the Ebay seller didnt show this side in the pics. I put in a refund claim and did receive a full refund today and got to keep the razor. I guess Ive got some spare parts now....

19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Hodge
    I will check my razor out and see if i can make something for it at work. I will take some measurements and see if i can come up with something. No guarantees though.

Tom

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  20. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

That would be awesome. It looks like it was soldered in place but Im sure todays epoxies would work.

PS. I would be willing to PIF it to you Tom, in the hopes it can be repaired and then passed onto one of the guys here who would like a repeater but dont have one.

PSS. The rest of the razor looks pretty good. The blade loading mechanism is all there and seems to be working ok.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    Karl G and Billyfergie like this.