Schick Repeating Razor Owners Club (SRROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Redfisher, Oct 31, 2015.

1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Way to go Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

Thanks Redfisher! That would be awesome if you have a spare cap. Let me know. Thanks so much!!

Ken

Rufus T., Karl G and twhite like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I guess that didn't go over well

4. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

It's going to need a little elbow grease but yeah PM your address and I'll get it out after the holiday.

image.jpeg

Hodge, twhite, shoe13950 and 5 others like this.
  5. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

Thanks Redfisher! I have to figure out how to send a PM. I'd be happy to reimburse you for your cost if shipping and whatever price you think is fair.

twhite, shoe13950, Rufus T. and 3 others like this.
  6. Redfisher

No charge buddy, I'm just happy to find someone who can use it.

twhite, shoe13950, Rufus T. and 2 others like this.
  7. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

That's really nice of you! Appreciate that. I'll PM you my info.

Ken

twhite, shoe13950, Rufus T. and 2 others like this.
  8. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

:git:Shaved with the C2 fixer upper I cleaned up today and it shaves great. I really like the easy close shaves I can get with the early model Schicks. I especially like the model A and the C1 and C2. Don't have a C3 yet. For some reason, the model B's seem not quite as smooth as the A and C models, but YMMV.

Hodge, Redfisher, Herm2502 and 3 others like this.
  9. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

The more I use the Schick repeaters, the more I like and appreciate them. Close, comfortable shaves with all of them, especially A and C models. I find myself using these almost daily. The later model Schicks are good too, but there is something especially nostalgic and interesting about these razors. :signs021:

Hodge, Rufus T., Redfisher and 3 others like this.
  10. Redfisher

Agreed. I'm a huge fan of the C and all the rest. If you hadn't already figured that out. :eatdrink013:

Rufus T., kenloupa, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  11. shoe13950

shoe13950 Well-Known Member

So I've had my Type A for a month or so. Over the holiday weekend, I finally got it cleaned up and took it for a spin. I only had T. Pella blades on hand, but they held decently in the spring and are plenty sharp. A great shaver for sure and so well engineered. I definetely need some practice with technique, but great results were had. Here is a quick pic.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Hodge, Rufus T., Redfisher and 6 others like this.
  12. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

Beautiful type A you've got! They are great shavers.
    I find them smooth as silk especially with a Chinese Schick blade.

13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Repeater heaven today. With nearly 3 days of beard the whiskers just fell down. This was one of the smoothest and easiest shaves I've had. I can't believe they stopped making these things. :happy036: The Super Chromium blades seem to be made for the repeaters - at least for the B1 and C3 as my last two shaves with them have been fantastic. Nothing but face rubbing goodness all around. :happy088:

AOS Lavender PSO
    Sterling Soap Glacial Lemon Chill
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Schick C3
    Schick NOS Super Chromium (2)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

C3 AOS SSLC TH AOS.JPG

Hodge, Rufus T., mrchick and 2 others like this.
  14. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

Had a great shave with my C2 repeater this morning, but my Chick blade started to feel a little rough after my second pass, so I replaced it with a fresh Chick. The one on there originally only had 5 uses under its belt and I keep reading how others get 10-20 shaves out of these. I do a 3 pass shave with touchups and I do have a very coarse thick beard, so perhaps that explains the lower life span? I haven't been using the repeaters and injectors long enough to see how long the Chicks last in my other Schicks (I rotate quite a bit between different razors). I don't care for the Ted Pella blades and don't have any other of the Schick blade variants that are older ones. Anyone else have this issue? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts! Thanks!!

Hodge, Rufus T., Herm2502 and 5 others like this.
  15. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

5 is all I get out of them also but I'm happy with that.

16. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

That makes me feel better. Good to know I'm not the only one. Better to get a fresh blade in there than suffer irritation.

Rufus T. and Robyflexx like this.
  17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:signs011: +1

Rufus T., Robyflexx and kenloupa like this.
  18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I too get 5 shaves from Chicks. No matter my injector. I am a three pass guy also. I like my blades really sharp. After 5 shaves I have to work harder for decent results. To me it is not worth the added effort. 5 and done for me.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge, Rufus T., Robyflexx and 2 others like this.
  19. kenloupa

kenloupa Active Member

Great to know! I agree that I like sharp blades as well. I change out DE blades even sooner (after 2-3 shaves) when I use them (I haven't been DE shaving for a while since I discovered the "Schick Shave" and the Alumigoose).

Rufus T., Robyflexx and Karl G like this.
  20. Redfisher

I seem to get fewer shaves from those blades in the repeaters only 4/5 while in my other injectors I will forget how many shaves I get because the blade has been in so long but usually more than 10.