Schick Repeating Razor Owners Club (SRROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Redfisher, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Perfect Shave Yesterday
    image.jpeg

2. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

3. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

clint64 and Redfisher like this.
  4. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

I do have one or two open ones that have been used as the mood has struck me.

clint64, Redfisher and riverrun like this.
  5. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Never tried one. How do they shave. I have an unopened pack around here somewhere.

clint64 likes this.
  6. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

They are good razors, but not my favorite. I think I prefer the gold B2 over the model A and C because it seems to fit my face better, but that may be the luck of the draw. If you are able to try one, it is a worthwhile experience. I have been switching off between a Razorock Satin V2 and a Rose gold Muhle R41 closed comb as my preferred shavers right now.

TestDepth and Redfisher like this.
  7. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I'm sorry, I meant those blades. I love the razors but never tried the old blades.

8. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Quite honestly, after all this time the blades are hit and miss. I have had some that are sharp and cut like butter and some I feel like I need to ship out to a straight razor honer. I usually use modern Schick blades which I have more confidence in. The six pack will always be a six pack until I sell it in my old age. My daughter already said she has no interest in the razors so I guess I will need to find a museum to acquire them all. ;)

TestDepth and twhite like this.
  9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

No need for a museum. There are plenty of people here willing to relieve you of that terrible burden. Me included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

riverrun and Linuxguile like this.
  10. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

So I’ve finally acquired a Schick repeating razor. Is it the C2 or C3? Is it a gold tone finish over brass, or is it just solid brass? Other than the usual Dawn dishwashing liquid and scrubbing bubbles, what do you recommend to bring back the luster? Also, anything I should look for before I try out the loading mechanism?

Lots of questions!

Thanks.

02C057B3-9CC6-4B69-A4ED-1144ADA7E895.jpeg 08677BC2-5C73-4D63-8911-CCD6D7747621.jpeg 8832139C-FF11-4CDF-925A-3779733D1F66.jpeg 1F83E502-F95B-49E0-9B6A-1414E8EFD8EA.jpeg AB2882CF-9E19-4EF5-A35B-2F191349E346.jpeg

Herm2502, Billyfergie and Jayaruh like this.
  11. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Its a Type C 2..Closed Comb..They are Gold Plated or Gold Washed..:happy088:

Billy..:chores016:

Jim99 likes this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That is a C2 I believe. Closed comb. Congratulations.

Jim99 and Billyfergie like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    @Jim99 , does yours have the blade carrier in it?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Billyfergie and Jim99 like this.
  14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That’s just like mine, but not that shiny.

Billyfergie likes this.
  15. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I looked inside the compartment door and I do not see a blade carrier. From what I understand, you load the blades into the carrier and then insert the carrier into the handle. Is that right?

My guess is I’ll be loading the blades manually.

Billyfergie and Jayaruh like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That is correct. Bummer that you do not have one. Maybe someone on the Den can help you out. Otherwise, you can load your blades manually. Carefully...

Billyfergie and Jim99 like this.
  17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I’ll be on the lookout for one. I’m guessing that they’re not easy to find.

Billyfergie and Jayaruh like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That is my guess.

Billyfergie likes this.
  19. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Many a Person has Permanently Jammed Up their Repeaters Using the Internal Magazines..The Original Blades are a Tad Thicker..Modern Blades Fit Fine Hand Loaded..You OFTEN have to Flatten or Tighten So to Speak the Sprung Head ( Blade Holder ) on a Flat Piece of Wood..Just Press it Down Easy..;)

Modern Blades Might DOUBLE FEED..You May Get Away with it for a Moment..But..Its Skull & Cross Bones in My Books..The Mechanism Can Pick Up Two Blades & Lock it & Jam it to Hell n Back..They are Very Delicate & were Disposable..The Magazine & Blades Came Factory Pre Loaded..:)

These Magazines for Repeaters Come Up Quite Regular on USA EBay..:happy088:

Billy..:chores016:

Herm2502, Jim99 and Jayaruh like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I have only tried one blade at a time for that reason.

Herm2502, Jim99 and Billyfergie like this.