Schicktember shave of the day

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BBS, Sep 1, 2019.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick G1v1, Personna blade, shave 2
    [​IMG]

Trying to find my Type G1 spot.

Reason I am calling this a v1 is there are 3 distinct G1 models that can be dated. Whether they shave differently is another story but in this case this one is an early G1 made in 46/47 but no later than 47. You can tell by the spring it still says Schick Injector on it. They didn't switch the springs to Eversharp Schick until either 47 but no late than 48. The later variants from 48 - 54 all have this style of spring, the last major revision in 1953 is they changed the ferule on the handle. You see the same rounded ferule on the G8 razors which superseded the G1 in 1954.

For an unassuming razor this shave was a blood bath but that could have been due to me not respecting this razor and my face being too dry. End result for me it is just a hint of stubble below BBS. Good razor though and should get most anyone who doesn't have facial as thick and coarse as mine a BBS shave. Tomorrow G1v3 (1953 - 1954) to see if they changed anything on these razors from the first iteration here.

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SEptember 27 and looked at my razors and decided to use my fairly newly acquired Schick 500 hydro-magic injector razor and it did a wonderful job of this mornings shave. Nice long handle (5 3/8 inches long - tip to toe)for those who like that- I seemed to like it because of the change from my majority of short handled razors I use.

Razor : Schick 500 hydro magic injector- j3 model,MFG 1957-64
    Blade: Schick (2)
    Soap : Proraso green
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft
    Pre shave: wash the face with CeraVe soap
    Post shave:Alum + cold water rinse
    Post shave: Proraso green + witch hazel + Nivea balm
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]
    SEptemper 27-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    brit, jimjo1031 and BBS like this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Schick A/Proline. GD Janus.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

brit, jimjo1031, BBS and 1 other person like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick Adjustable (M1) Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    Semogue Excelsior Boar Brush
    Reef Point Dragon's Blood Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Orange
    Reef Point Dragon's Blood w/Menthol AS Balm

Untitled.jpg

brit, Ron R and BBS like this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Yesterday's shave was with a Type O and today's shave was with an honorary Schick aka the ebarbershop Type O clone.
    End result these are the same razors shave wise. I am hard pressed to tell the difference between the 2.

Type O
    toa.jpg tob.jpg

Ebarbershop Type O clone
    toca.jpg tocb.jpg

6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type L8, personna blade, shave 4
    [​IMG]

I am designating this as an L8 and not L1v1/2 because of packaging. It may look like a gold plated L1 but this razor was actually sold as a Schick Golden in 1977 and 1978 and as such should have it's own designation.

Ad from the Lancaster Eagle Gazette Jan 12th 1978
    [​IMG]

This razor is by far the mildest injector I've used so far even more mild than the Type O and Type O clone. Shave was closer than the Type O razor though not a BBS but better than some of the earlier more aggressive but on the mild side I and J injectors like the I1v3 and J2 for example.

7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick G3 Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    West German Boar (restored) Brush
    Love my Skin Lemon Sugar & Frankincense & Myrrh Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Orange
    Pinaud Lilac Vegetal After Shave

Untitled.jpg

brit and BBS like this.