School me on "agressive" DE safety razors

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Frank Shaves, Dec 17, 2020.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It has been awhile since I shaved with one of these. Btw this would also be considered a post war Tech but IIRC all the post war Techs regardless of where they were made i.e. US, Canada or England shaved the same. The pre war versions all are a different story and differ depending which country they were made in.

brit and Frank Shaves like this.
  2. Frank Shaves

Frank Shaves Well-Known Member

3. tonich

tonich Well-Known Member

You ain't need no stinky aggressive razor.
    All you need is an efficient razor. There are many out there.
    And you need to improve your technique.

Herm2502, ischiapp, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  4. Frank Shaves

Oh yes indeed! Even with my newb technique I've come to realize that using a DE razor & blade of choice is actually much better and cheaper than the disposable plastic razors I've used forever. Where have I been for the last 45 years?? :angry032:

Edison Carter likes this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    So far...:happy097:

6. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

With a good technique, even a good cartridge is cheap.
    After a couple of hundreds shaves with one cartridge.
    Maybe It's just a little boring.

Frank Shaves likes this.
  7. Daywalker

Daywalker Active Member

15 bucks is overpriced. I still can't convince myself to buy it, because I think the Futur design is butt ugly and it's a full Zamak razor.

You might also like this thread. I prefer mild shavers and the Weishi is in my top 3 together with my gold tone Tech and Merkur 34c (which is the most aggressive of those three). That is the short handle Weishi - I can't get a good shave with the Wilkinson/Weishi 9306-P, so the handle can still make a lot of difference even with the same head.

The only mild razor I couldn't manage to get a BBS with is the YingJiLi Tech clone. A shame, because for around 5 bucks it has a steel handle and base plate (well, it's magnetic), the top cap is Zamak I guess (non magnetic).

Edit: Sorry, I confused the 3000s with the 2000s. But it's still full-Zamak, ugly and overpriced for 15 bucks.
    :eatdrink013:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    Edison Carter and Frank Shaves like this.
  8. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

He says as he tap dances through a field riddled with rabbit holes.....;)

insert evil laugh.gif

9. Frank Shaves

Thanks for the comments! I doubt I'll be getting the Ming Shi or any adjustable razor anytime soon. Unless I stumble upon a Gillette one in excellent condition for a good price. I was just getting a little crazy there for a minute...:happy093::happy097:

The Wilkinson Sword/Weishi I have seems like a pretty decent razor for the price but I don't have anything of the same quality to compare it to in terms of handle length, weight, quality etc... Other than the Assured Dollar Tree razor which as I've mentioned I actually like it's size and feel and it gives a decent shave with Wilkinson blades but it's certainly not going to last 70 years let alone 70 weeks of shaving. I imagine the 1955 Gillette flare tip I have coming in the mail that, once cleaned and sanitized will do the trick nicely.

I still have a lot to learn. I have only been using a DE razor for like 4 weeks now and I now believe (as I've been told here) that it's more about good technique than the razor/blade/soap. Of course those things also factor in to making a close comfortable shave but in the scheme of things if you're technique is not good than no matter what you shave with it's not going to be a good experience.

10. Frank Shaves

Ohhh...I've been down that rabbit hole before and this time I will try to...

[​IMG]