Seaforth Boxed Set

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Rusty blade, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

The antique gods were good to me yesterday. I picked up a nice boxed set of Seaforth. Soap is gone and just a hint of scent left in the aftershave bottle. Smelled very much like Old Spice.

I see you can buy a new version of Seaforth soaps...anyone tried this yet?

Seaforth Boxed Set.jpg

2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Nice find.

3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Nice find! I have a nos bottle of the spice and it definitely smells alot like old spice. My box and bottle is red though

Hembree likes this.
  4. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

The new Seaforth Spice is a top notch soap and amazing scent. Friend sent a sample to me and I then acquired one off BST in a lot purchase.

5. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Wow-that is really very handsome.

6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Very nice find!

I'd refill it with vintage old spice or Avon Spicy. The cup I think a bit of Stirling Spice would be nice.

:happy088:

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  7. Tedolph

Well, it just arrived! Almost NOS:

WIN_20210429_19_27_54_Pro resized.jpg

Rusty blade, Troy M and Jorvaljr like this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

i have a full bottle of spiced. I havent used it yet but smells really close to old spice

1B5509E0-EF35-45C4-A613-39E81477648F.jpeg

Troy M likes this.
  9. Tedolph

Well, today was my first shave with the Seaforth! NOS shave soap and mug. I did soak the Puck in some VIBR overnight to mask the funk smell and that seemed to work. On with the shave-I soaked my boar bristle brush in hot water and bloomed the soap while I gave myself a hot towel treatment, loaded a fresh Feather SS blade in my trusty Valet Auto Strop and then shook out the brush and proceeded to build a lather on the Puck. You can imagine my shock when billows of thick lather exploded from a soap puck that while new must be at least 40 years old! Thick mayonnaise like lather, thicker than any artisan soap I have ever used. Enough for three full passes although I only did two. The results were so amazing that I visited my lady friend and asked her to check my shave. She exclaimed, "smooth as a baby's bottom". And gentlemen, lets just say that this lady has some mileage on her and has felt many a shaven face. Post shave feel is excellent, and no weepers which is hard for me to avoid with a fresh Feather blade. A/S was Clubman classic decanted into the Seaforth! bottle. Does anybody have any explanation for this surprising result?

WIN_20210429_19_27_54_Pro resized.jpg

Rusty blade likes this.