Secret Santa 2016!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by macaronus, Nov 2, 2016.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

[​IMG]

Thank you, Santa!

2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Santa arrived today! I didn't think I had been this good? Thanks Santa!!

[​IMG]

3. rawfox1

rawfox1 Well-Known Member

Wonderful soaps. Enjoy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Notice!
    If you are sending anything north of the boarder please send it USPS. Mine came FedEx and as a result I am dinged with a $35.09 charge for fees. This is no big deal and I will happily pay it, however, in the future please send any thing USPS. Thanks.

5. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I did not send it, but I also had NO idea and would have probably done the same thing. You may want to include this info next time for PIF, purchase or secret Santa as many of us south of the boarder are probably ignorant of this fee.

6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I wouldn't expect anyone to know this. It has been my experience purchasing products from the U S that if they are shipped FedEx or UPS they charge a brokage fee which is a percentage of the total value of the package. So much for free trade. :)

Bama Samurai and PickledNorthern like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Wow. I had no idea either. I have piffed a few things UPS before, because they basically take care of the customs form and the line wait. Good heads up.

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Just after I got done shaving today, I got a package in the mail:

IMG_4556.JPG

I would like to send a big thank you to a very generous Secret Santa. I know what my shave will be tomorrow, I just have pick a brush!

9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Very nice products. I'll wait for your post tomorrow. :happy088:

10. Norcalnewb

IMG_4559.JPG

Here is my shave this morning courtesy of a generous Secret Santa. My first impression of this soap is very good. The scent is terrific and it seems very slick. The AS is a great match and has some good staying power, which I like. I used the Razorock Plissoft Brush, and it was fantastic. I definitely enjoy a good Synthetic, and this is fits that bill. Soft with some back bone. Thanks again Santa!

11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm liking this soap and AS. Thanks again Secret Santa. [​IMG]

12. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Have you gotten to try the other brush yet?

Bama Samurai likes this.
  13. Norcalnewb

Yes I have:

IMG_4571.JPG

This is actually my second use, as I used it on Sunday as well. I have only one other boar brush, a VDH, and this one is far superior, even if not broken in just yet. It certainly did a good job with the MWF this morning. Thanks again Santa!

14. Norcalnewb

Another Secret Santa Shave:

IMG_4579.JPG

15. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD 12-22-16.JPG

Thanks to my Secret Santa! Used the Fine Platinum soap and aftershave today. Great stuff!

16. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Just wanted to update, the Schick G Santa gave me has become my favorite razor! I find it much more efficient than my later injectors, and love the feel of the handle.

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'm told I have some Secret Santas to thank for this surprise that showed up yesterday. :shocked003: :thanks:

20161223_103006-1 (1).jpg

I've already scheduled my first massage for after the new year.
    You guys may have helped save the store. :)
    I've been seeing the chiropractor quite regularly lately, and he has helped my pain issues a lot. This will help tremendously, too, I'm sure.

18. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm glad you are seeing some improvement. Merry Christmas!

19. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

[​IMG]

A Christmas Eve shave made possible by my Secret Santa! My first ever SE shave.

Soap: Route 66 unscented
    Brush: @Jayaruh JR 76
    Mug: Route 66
    Razor: GEM Junior
    Blade: GEM PTFE

Thanks to my Secret Santa for the GEM razor, a selection of GEM blades, and the Route 66 mug. The Route 66 soap was a gift last year from @Douglas Carey

This was my first ever SE shave. I read the advice here from experienced SE shavers. I was careful in prep, made a good lather, and proceeded slowly and with no pressure. I quickly found the right angle and I was surprised at how easily the two day stubble was taken down with. I was also surprised at the level of audible feedback!

WTG, XTG, and cleanup XTG the other direction on my chin and moustache area. Close, comfortable shave.

macaronus, Drygulch, mrchick and 6 others like this.
  20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Congratulations !