Security Update Donations

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by barbersurgeon, Aug 18, 2016.

1. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Dear all fellow TSD Members,

In the random sale thread, JoAnna stated the cost of the well known security issues has spurred her to offer the sale in order to offset the costs of the recent upgrades and costs of the recent server hack. Personally, I had just days before placed an order for some TSD shop goodies, so I didn't think I'd place another order with the sale. I use soaps slowly it seems, so I'll be good for a while with current stock plus this recent order. I was moved to make a small donation to the TSD shop after reading JoAnna's motivation for the random sale, so I made a small donation just now. If you'd like to help support TSD, here is a link:

>>Click here to donate to TSD<<

For those who have recently placed an order, and will not partake of the sale, I encourage you to consider doing the same. Also, if you have no planned purchases you could also make such a donation. (Although I encourage everyone to grab some TSD shop products while you still can! I especially enjoy the London Type Shave soap!). Or if you just want to support the forum, for how great it is and how much you have benefited by being a member here.

Whatever your circumstance, a donation of $1, $5, $10, $20, etc I'm sure will help to cover some recent costs and keep TSD online and in our lives.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If you have a relationship with another member who you think would appreciate this thread, please PM them a link to help spread the word.

I hope everyone is having a great day,

Dean

Jim99, battle.munky, Kizurra and 5 others like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Well done! I will join in later!

3. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

How about a shave den raffle to help raise funds?

I know I have a Dopp bag filled with various shave gear that I will put up as a prize.

Come on gents...can you spare a soap, aftershave, brush, mug, etc.? To help out?

4. barbersurgeon

The last raffle was just few months ago, Father's Day Raffle. While I'm sure it did raise some funds, there were not as many members buying in as the february raffle. Even the chatter in the raffle thread was quite weak last time compared to the previous two. So I personally think it might be a bit soon to run one again?

Anyone who would offer a prize to help out could just donate five or ten dollars to the TSD shop instead. That's what it would cost to ship your prize anyway.

The sale JoAnna has offered is just her further subsidizing of the forum costs, really. Since she is closing the shop, sadly, she's taking something of a loss on her supplies/time to raise funds. That's how I read it anyway. So placing an order without the offered random coupon code, or just making a small donation would help more if one wants to support the forum as much as possible

Maybe by October or so another raffle???

5. barbersurgeon

BTW, I hoping that @Queen of Blades is keeping a three to four TSD shave soap selection in reserve for the next raffle. Perhaps she can select either the best sellers or her favorites and set some aside before she runs out of the ingredients for the specific soaps. Or two soaps and two matching aftershaves? Once the sales are closed at the TSD shop for good, I'd think offering these in a raffle would be a good way to spur some interest!

I have seen quite a few fans of Iced Sub-Zero, so I added that to my last order. So maybe that could be one to consider?

Queen of Blades and Bama Samurai like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

I am in as promised. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

7. Bama Samurai

More than once or twice a year is too much, imho.

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Took advantage of the sale this morning. Wish it could have been more, but I'll certainly enjoy what I have for as long as I have it.

9. Bama Samurai

I will just simply be donating, and hoping those that haven't tried TSD exclusives will do so before they are gone!

10. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Due to ever increasing international shipping I just donated.

11. barbersurgeon

Thank you very much for your support of TSD forum!

Queen of Blades and Keithmax like this.
  12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I'm in. This place is fantastic and I want it to continue on.

13. barbersurgeon

Thanks Jim!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  14. barbersurgeon

On the upside, I've been notified my recent TSD order was shipped today. If I were a Clinton, I'm sure there would be a congressional hearing on influence pedaling... Anyway thanks @Queen of Blades !

Queen of Blades and Keithmax like this.
  15. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Or your email would have been deleted...

Sorry!!, I couldn't help myself. :p

Keithmax, barbersurgeon and mrchick like this.