Semogue 2000 and 1305

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Teiste, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Corey

Corey Member

Mine showed up today as well. All is now right with the world. :D

2. Fairway Ray

Fairway Ray New Member

I'm glad you guys got your brush's. I'm waiting for mine patiently. :D

I should have ordered the 2000 and a badger in addition to the 1305. I headed that way anyway. I like supporting the small shops.

3. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

still don't have mine... but it should be here soon! I ordered between Corey and Kevin.

4. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

wooo! knock knock at the door.. a package with a customs tag.. the brush is here! It looks even better in person. Time to start making some lather~!

5. Special_K

Special_K New Member

No test run last night. Too much going on and tired by the time I did have time.
    I love how this brush looks and feels though!

6. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I shaved with mine today(the 1305) and I can tell that after a month of use I did make lather for at lest 8 or 9 passes from La Toja shavestick.Give them time to break and youll see the lather machine that would becomes.

7. Fairway Ray

Fairway Ray New Member

Mine came today! About an hour late for my shave and I was walking out the door to go to work. This is a very pretty brush and the handle fits my hand perfectly. The label is a decal and its applied slightly crooked. The hair is neat and straight. The bottom of the handle has a few small air bubbles in the paint. I can overlook the small imperfections. The knot is beautiful!
    I will shampoo it and make a few batches of soap just to help break it in. God knows I have enough soap and cream to do this.

Overall I am happy with my purchase and I will look forward to shaving with this brush. I will report back after I have shaved with it for awhile.

8. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

The 1305 is doing great. Yes, like noted above, there are small bubbes in the paint at the bottom of the handle and all... No, it isn't a pristine a perfect handle. However, I love it and it is going to be used frequently!

9. BobinCA

BobinCA New Member

If Vintage Scent is out of supply for the 1305, where else can it be purchased?

Bob

10. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I think that Rasage Poulin sells some Semogues but Im not sure if they sell the 1305 among them.

11. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

I see that in addition to the Semogue 1305, the 2000 is also sold out at the Vintage Scent Co. And, I think I might have played a part in that since I just recived my two additional 2000’s in the mail a couple days ago. Like they say, “you just can’t have too many Semogue boar brushs” because they ARE that good! :D

12. Corey

Corey Member

Glad I got in on that one before they sold out. I can't wait till it gets here. My 1305 is starting to really break in nice and produce some fine lathers.

13. selhov

selhov New Member

hi guys bought my first semogue2000 yesterday so i have a few day,s to weight ,could not get the semogue1305 as it was sold out i might be lucky next time ,im intorested in the semogue 2015 silver tip it has some good revouse i also purchesed the pencil brand 444 its just like the old barbers used not in a holder just a stick form, so you just put it on a cut, it look,s like a small candle, i must say vintage sent.co has some nice gear for sale and the prices ar good postage not to bad nither,just have to sit and be patient for my 2000,brush to come now ,i will be defornatly be going back to vintage sent.co.i think its nice to suport small companise like the makers of the semogue brushe,s well done to them ,im shure they will make a lot of use guys happy.

14. planf

planf New Member

Just bought that 1305 boar brush.
    From all those pictures posted, I've come to appreciate the style.

It's on sale in vintagescent again (new picture too), along other new semogue models.

15. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Guys,I have been using mine 2000 and 1305 for quiet a long now and they have broke so nicely and are lather machines now.Give them time and they will give you plenty of lather back.

16. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

I got my 2000 today. It was a lot stiffer and not as soft as I was expecting. I've already started breaking it in though by using my VDH. I did 2 runs with it and the tips have already started to split to soften up. And I can already tell that the bloom is going to be huge.

17. Markwtb

Markwtb Member

My 1305

My order was shipped on 6/30 and arrived in California today, July 10th. It seemed a lot longer but now its here.

Cannot wait to try it along with the Floid

Attached Files:

18. Fairway Ray

Fairway Ray New Member

My 1305 is very nice. Well constructed and works great with soaps and creams. I am very happy with it. Why do I want to buy more brushes? No self control.:ashamed001:D

19. jasonlju11

jasonlju11 Member

I just ordered a 1305 and 2000 to upgrade from my only brush a vdh and threw in a bottle of floid aftershave. Ouch that hurt my small wallet. I am excited though after all the chat about brushes and the penworks in my locality I end up ordering overseas and getting a boar. From what Ive read these brushes have a very loyal following hope they work out for me.

20. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Congrats! :signs136