Semogue 2000 and 1305

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Teiste, Jun 4, 2009.

1. domino

domino New Member

Teiste,you speak so highly of the 1305,I put in a order too:D

2. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Kevin,I am not the only one who speaks so highly of the 1305 but many more guys that theyre enjoying it but all that I want to say is....Truckman is more enabler than me,...:happy102:happy102:happy102

3. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Teiste had me convinced about the Semogue 2000 and he was 100% right. I loved the handle on the 1305 so much, and after reading Teiste's glowing reports, I have one of those coming in the mail.

Teiste, you are still King of the Semogue Enablers. :rofl (Sorry, Matt. :D)

By the way, Teiste, the 2000 did a beautiful job on my Roger & Gallet l'Homme soap this morning. I'll continue to work on the brush and cannot wait for the 1305 to arrive.

4. Markwtb

Markwtb Member

my 1305 and a shave stick

I used my 1305 for the first time. I found it to be perfect for me without any break in period.

I used Van Der Hagen Deluxe Shave Soap that I have converted into a shaving stick. That soap is soft enough to push into an empty stick deordorant container. I find the VHD applied directly to my face takes the place of shaving oil for me and seems to give extra lubrication. I prime my 1305 with Tabac soap and face lather. The two soaps together seem to be the perfect mix with great lather and protection. The VHD has little or no scent so that I basically get the great smell of Tabac.

A lite rub of the shave stick on the final lathering pass seems to give me an extra layer of protection.

I highly recommend making VHD soap into a shave stick and using it along with your favorite cream or soap to help supercharge your lather. I paid $2.49 for the soap and it seems to be the cheapest way to get a shave stick in America. I may have to get a Tabac shave stick later but the cost is aound $20 including shipping.

Teiste thanks for the pushing the 1305. If you love your 1305, you must read Teiste on shaving sticks and try a shaving stick!

Attached Files:

5. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Throw me right under the bus! :rolleyes:

No one can compare to you, though.... :1respect

:happy102 :happy102 :happy102 :happy102

6. Teiste

Teiste New Member

sorry Matt, the "you more" was my only defense....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. domino

domino New Member

You guys are the best,thank you!:cool:

8. DSB

DSB New Member

I never thought I'd be longing for a boar brush, but I just ordered the 1305. I can't wait to break it in!

9. Special_K

Special_K New Member

You will enjoy it. Mine is a month old and oh so good!

10. freddy88

freddy88 Member

I didn't either but I love my Semogue 2000 and just got the 1305. Boar is nothing like I thought it would be. It's better! :D

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

The 1305 feels great and does a great job. I am not getting the several passes of lather held in the brush. Do you rinse your face between passes? I always do and I wonder if that is why I never get more than 2 passes built in any brush.

12. Teiste

Teiste New Member

I dont rinse my face between shaves.You have to wait like 10 to 15 days until the brush breaks and youll see the lathermachine that would become.

13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Ahh well that explains it. I do rinse and I have had mine for a month or so now. However, I am just at 15 uses (plus a lot of extra lather builds to help break it in).

14. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Also I forgot to mention earlier when I was reading your post of "Reaction to shavesticks".The brush performs much better with soft/medium water as well as the shavesticks.I have discover this since sometimes I shave on my house(medium water) sometimes where I work(hard water) and I can feel the difference.

15. Truckman

Truckman New Member

I used to rinse in between passes - well, not so much rinse completely as I was actually just re-wetting. But now I just dip the tip of the brush in water at the start of the next lather application. If I need more, I'll dip a 2nd time, but 1 is usually enough.

Maybe you're just not using enough product. When I face lather sticks or creams I get enough lather for a solid 5 or 6 passes probably (I've never shaved 5 or 6 passes, but more than enough to carry me past 3 or 4 and a touch up)...

For me the break in was my 3rd use - I lathered a puck of Institut Karite in a mug and from then on it's been fantastic! I must have gotten the wonder brush...:happy102 One lost hair, broken in quickly...:D

16. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

huh... I wouldn't have thought about that. But I can see it working that way. Because hard water has more ions already dissolved in it, you have to use more soap to get the same lather. You are then increasing the opportunities for higher concentration of irritants on your skin.

I lather it on thick in order to get enough in the brush to get lather. On the other hand the more soap I use on my face, the more likely I am to have issues with the soap.

Thanks for the thoughts you two

In regards to rinsing, I tried without rinsing my face between each pass. I did get all the passes that I need out of the brush. However, I also got bad irritation on my face as well. So that is part of the reason that I rinse between each pass (gives face a break from the soap for a little while).

17. Teiste

Teiste New Member

enabler.....:happy102:happy102:happy102

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Mine feels broken in and it has only lost one hair as well. I was just curious about the passes and passes of lather that I wasn't seeing...

19. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

Where is the best place on the web to get a Semogue brush?

I have searched around a bit, and them seem rare in the US..

20. Teiste

Teiste New Member

vintagescent.com cheap shipping fees to USA and fast delivery