Semogue 830

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Sunflake, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

I mostly agree with what's here and I should mention that I do keep MWF, Floid, and GFT in my Den as regular items.

2. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I've only been buying DE/SE razors and soaps and creams and thing since January, but agree wholeheartedly with you on the hype that makes us buy things and think one brand is better than the other. There's always something better to search for...iKon, Merkur Futur, Weber and on and on. I found the G1 by Schick, the Gillette Flair, Schick Krona, Feather Poplar, Lord L6 work great and are cheap.

Cheaper creams like Musgo Real or Prep work better for me than Taylor and Bond or Castle-Forbes (though they don't have their wonderful scents). And my favorite shaving cream is TSD.

My Dreidecker (Shea) brush from Target works fine. My cheap synthetic Omega is great.

3. ksb63

ksb63 Active Member

Wow 830 seems small next cheep Walgreen's special I've been using. Still can't wait to try out after reading all the hype.

4. Sir Swine

Sir Swine Member

I have come to love boars (over badger) and have several Semogue's but my Omega boar gets the most attention (forgot the number)

5. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

You're a knighted member of the Swine family and you don't know the # to your favorite boar brush? Egads! :rolleyes005:

;)

6. R33F

R33F Well-Known Member

After searching around, finding this thread & the Semogue Family thread, I purchased the 830. I am breaking it in and am very happy with my purchase so far.

Attached Files:

7. Barrylu

Barrylu Well-Known Member

I use my 830 for travelling. I face lather with a Palmolive stick and the 830. Use of these 2 cuts down considerably on the amout of things I have to pack. If I have to pack the 830 wet and it gets ruined I am not out too much cash. If my luggage goes lost I am not faced with the loss of one of my expensive Silvertips. Plus the Backbone and scritch are better for facelathering than my Silvertips. The Silvertips are reserved for luxurious shaves in my own home.

8. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

It's a great brush for sure.