September 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Sep 1, 2018.

?

Single Edge Plans?

1. Gems baby! 1912, 1914, Lather Catcher

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Some more Gems baby! OCMM, Clog Pruf, you know.....the Micromatics.

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Schick Injectors baby! Click 'em and stick 'em to your face for that close shave.

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Shavettes baby! Because I'm a boss like that!

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Dark Side baby! Straights. The original single edge.

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  6. Gonna eat cookies until my ears bleed. Mmmmmm.....cookies.

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  7. Nope. Not playing with the SE's. I'm cool enough I'll stick with DE!

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  8. Buzz off Mr. Poll Man. I don't have time for your foolishness.

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

He’s great. Just back from vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

We went on the James E Pepper since it was downtown. Really a cool area with several distillers and breweries.

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Gorgeous knife. Congrats.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hey, whose penguin is that near the piano??!!

5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Mona's
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

mrchick, Norcalnewb, NCoxSTL and 11 others like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Long live the Durham! I have both the straight and the "T" version. Fun razors to play with every now and then.

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

SEptember is a Stirling month!

September 28
    Razor - Type M Schick Injector
    Blade - [​IMG]
    Soap - Stirling Port-au-Prince
    Brush - Stirling Pro Style Synthetic
    Finish - Alum

Another night with the Type M and another new Stirling sample. This time it's the Port-au-Prince which is Hatian Vetiver and Lemongrass. I've never tried a Vetiver based scent before so I was quite interested to try. Definitely an earthy scent and one that I actually enjoy. It got the thumbs up from my wife as well. This one goes into the keeper category at least for now. It's also Mutton Tallow so its chances of sticking in my den are nearly 100%.

As for the actual shave it was quite nice as always with the Schick. Smooth, BBS finish, no blood. Great way to end a Friday. Enjoy the weekend!

September 28 2018.jpg

8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Don't have to Rick, I did. They're exactly the same from what I can tell. I wish that those "Wings" could be adjusted. I don't want to mess with them.

9. Paul Turner

Wow....good-lookin' dog :). Toy penguin, eh? Does the cat go after it, too?

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

September 29, 2018
    OREN V2
    Feather Pro Super
    Romera Synthetic
    Proraso Cypress & Vetyver

[​IMG]

I am up and moving somewhat slowly this morning. Excellent three pass shave that just missed the baby. My lower right neck let the little guy escape. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great travel photo, Clint! Have fun today.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim.

Norcalnewb, PLAla and jluc like this.
  13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

All is well! Thanks for the thought Andrew! :happy088: We've been traveling :happy069:and will be for another couple of weeks. Still shaving but out of the SOTD loop for a bit. :cool:

14. Paul Turner

With just today and tomorrow being the last days of this month, I'm going to call Cookies the winner in what has been a very exciting survey. Cookies had just enough to hold off Lather Catcher and Schick. You surveyors are making this tough on me-no longer can I project a winner in the first week :).

15. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

The bumps would make it a later one from after the introduction of the Singledge blades. I suspect that Gem moved on to the Clog-Pruf soon after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

16. RyX

RyX DoH!

If I ever get it replated I'll take a file to those post prior to the cosmetic fixup. I knew it needed to be loved as User Grade before I got it - the gold wash is gone on the doors. I trade a couple SR to Tom @twhite for the Aristo and other gear.

17. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

As long as you don’t mix them up and end up carrying the shave soap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

18. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Ohhh! THAT'S why I'm having so much trouble slipping my knife into my pants pocket this morning! Thanks for pointing the problem out to me. Man, before I have that first cup of coffee in the morning, my brain just doesn’t function at all... ;)

19. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Well, today being Saturday, no morning rush was involved and I really enjoyed a relaxing straight shave. I’m really pleased that this month’s focus has gotten me over the hump with the straight to the point that I’m getting a consistently good shave with minimal irritation, and I don’t feel like I need to “figure anything out” to get a great shave on the Dark Side. Still just a DFS on the neck, but a true BBS everywhere else. At this point I think improving the closeness on the neck is just practice. This whole 30 day focus thing may have some merit.

As for Darkside cookies, I’m pretty sure the cookies @clint64 previously sent me were heisted from the Darkside cookie warehouse, and were used as an unsuccessful ploy to take over the cartel. Don’t tell anyone about this because I don’t want him to get into trouble. Clint, you can hold on to the Darkside cookies that I should get this month, as I’m trying to lose weight and don’t need the calories. This should balance the annual cookie inventory numbers so that the Darkside accountant will be none the wiser and your ploy will have gone undetected by all... You’re welcome.

In other not so surprising news, I have too many soaps and will be posting several of them on the BST soon...

mrchick, RyX, Primotenore and 8 others like this.
  20. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Look again, Paul. Cookies are not winning. Don’t let the cartel use you as their mouthpiece! Viva la Revolución!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.