September 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 30, 2019.

?

It's Stirling SEptember. Whatcha got planned??

1. Gonna use some great vintage single edge gear and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Gonna use a modern single edge or two and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Gonna mix it up with all kinds of single edges and lots and lots of Stirling. Duh!!

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Gonna use whatever I feel like because hey, it's my shave so I'll enjoy it my way!! Duh!!

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Straights baby, because I'm just that doggone good. Duh!!

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  6. Some SE's, some DE's, some other stuff, maybe Stirling, maybe not. Who knows?! Duh!!

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  7. Cookies and ice cream. That's all I'm here for. Stop hounding me to shave!!!!! Duh!!

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

hello sir..have a great day..

RyX, Hembree, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

thank you Perry..have a fine sunday..

Hembree, Trigger, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  3. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Single Edge - Stirling September 9/1

Some of my fav stuff.

Stirling Blood on Steel 2019, also known as Stirling Tsuka, a Hanae Mori dupe. Great opening, wood like mid, and long lasting gentle and pleasant floral/lite powdery is how I describe it. Even though the authorities at the Stoylin - Toynah awards have disqualified it in their awards this year, I just don't have anything I like more.

The highly esteemed Spirit of St Louis Deluxe Limited Edition TSD BBQ Meetup Flat Top Brush went into action. This is a very soft and floppy knot, but is capable of generating a finely aerated lather like no other. It does a lousy job picking up even a soft soap like Stirling until......... 'The Blue Ming' shows up to further soften and hydrate the consumable of choice. Folks, fuggettabout any face lathering here. If you want that smooth shiny slick Stirling lather slightly sloshy, go for the bowl. And I really don't care whether you used it earlier for soup or cereal,you will not be disappointed.

Now the much maligned Focus Dynamic R48 1/2 DE Single Edge Razor. For me, this is the Wedding Razor. With a properly loaded Feather and a huge variance on normal shaving techniques it'll deliver me an irritation free closeness only topped by a shavette. And it easily gets that spot on the upper side of the neck that I just can't quite hit with the edge forward device. I always chase the baby with this tool..... easy catch too. After getting my first one of these I used it almost exclusively for 3 months. It taught me what I wanted to have in all of my shaves. It also taught me a huge thing about the growth pattern of my beard, because the finishing touch needs to be ATG for perfection. I don't use it much after taking up straights, but I will this month.

Finishing up with the #1 slot on the Max Headroom List of Most Glorious Stanks....... Stirling Blood on Steel 2019 / Tsuka.

20190901_121332.jpg

Happy September Shaving

And....... Try not to be so controversial this month..... I hear Charlie @wristwatchb has got a new wing going under roof in the detention block.

4. brit

brit in a box

lovely set up Bill.very cool..have a great sunday sir..

RyX, Hembree, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  5. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great report and some nice gear David.
    To touch on a few subjects you mentioned, SE blades perform really well in different razors. Some claim the Featherweight to be mild but with a new SS blade it can perform well and bite you in not careful.
    On dealing with the larger head it just takes getting used to what you got in your hand and proper technique. Same goes for injectors , I prefer to ride the cap on all styles of razors .
    Blade cost and availability here in Canada is disappointing as they dont carry them in drugstores, cornerstores, etc.
    I'll never try to tame the OCMM cause I like it the way they built it . Agressive and like a tank.
    As for blooming soap......well thats taboo in my neck of the woods . ;)

jtspartan, Terry, RyX and 12 others like this.
  6. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great read there Bill. I've had great success face lathering the BOS 2019 soap, being mainly a face latherer and all. I find it to be a bit thirsty and could see where you would prefer to hydrate it to achieve the lather you desire .

Terry, RyX, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  7. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Good to meet you Johnus!

RyX, wristwatchb, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Re-honed both of my Boker straights, starting with my Norton 4K and progressed to the Norton 8K, Naniwa 12K and finally my Shapton 16K. Smooth, even, slow strokes. Some straight, some in a modified "x". The edges have a very shiny and mirror-like appearance. Cut my arm hair like butter. We'll see how they do on the face in the next two days.

jtspartan, b1hart, RyX and 12 others like this.
  9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Perry! We are getting ready to show the house, so our bathroom has been prettied up.

RyX, wristwatchb, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  10. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Clint!

PLAla, Hembree, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  11. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Danny! It is definitely a nice soap.

12. Norcalnewb

I am pretty certain my soap collection will outlast me at this point.

RyX, wristwatchb, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  13. Norcalnewb

Nice shave, Terry!

RyX, PLAla, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  14. Norcalnewb

Excellent picture, Joseph! Honing seems like a tricky skill to develop. I applaud your efforts.

RyX, wristwatchb, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  15. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Jim
    tp

PLAla, Hembree, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  16. Norcalnewb

Beautiful black and white pic, Clint!

RyX, PLAla, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  17. Norcalnewb

Terrific shave, Gary!

RyX, PLAla, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  18. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

2D41E19C-98FB-4576-B1DE-0FA63BF0ECE6.jpeg
    SOTD O9/01/19
    Great shave, 3 passes W,X, and A the grain. BBS. Repeated software from August. Awaiting arrival of a new VECTOR SE from Blackland next week. Looking forward to focusing on its use this month! Really like the AC format. Before you guys I had no idea what an artisan blade razor was!

19. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Gary!

20. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Patrick!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.