September 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2021.

?

Will SEptember be your month to feature your SE razors?

1. Absolutely! Best shaves ever.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I might break out an SE or two.

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. SEptember to me means SElect and uSE SEveral SEt-ups

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. 100% of my shaves are accomplished by a single edge (one edge at a time)

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. I will only eat SEmprong, SEsame and SEven Layer cookies this month

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

That is a great shave to start Sept., Charlie! Welcome aboard!

2. chazt

chazt Methuselah Shaver

Thank you for the advice, Joe. I was looking for the size option but didn’t see it. I only use an iPad and it seems my options are limited. Will check again…

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  3. chazt

chazt Methuselah Shaver

Thanks, Joe. It’s been an eternity since I previously used this razor. It went way better than the last time I shaved with it. Looking forward to a (half) month’s worth of SE shaves.

brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  4. chazt

chazt Methuselah Shaver

Yay!! I finally figured out how to choose different size picture files. This was my MMOC shave: FFD9885B-777C-41BF-B3E6-7978DD2417EA.jpeg

jtspartan, wristwatchb, brit and 8 others like this.
  5. chazt

chazt Methuselah Shaver

These are my three remaining SEs. I will rotate the trio, alternating with DE shaves in between. Next up will be the Type I, finally the Type G. To quote General Trelane, Squire of Gothos, “What good sport!”
    9D90F8EE-E518-4FEC-87DE-57663D09546E.jpeg

6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

You have a great collection, Charlie! Btw, I am an old original Star Trek fan. I used to watch it with my dad back in the 60's.

brit, Hembree, chazt and 3 others like this.
  7. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

2nd September 2021.

16.jpg
    Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.
    Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
    Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather : Williams Mug shaving soap.
    Blade: Mers SuperShave X Platinum. (D2)
    Razor: Muhle r89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Williams Aqua Velva ASL.(Spanish Version)

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another wonderful performance from the Muhle r89/SuperShave X Platinum duo to start the day and to finish my shaving week off in style.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave of with a generous splash of Williams Aqua Velva ASL.(Spanish Version)

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

8. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Barry, your upbeat shave summaries and photography are always a pleasure to read! Love that you're enjoying the R89 so much! Muhle builds fine razors. My car and I were caught in a flash flood yesterday afternoon. Water seeped in up to my chest before para-rescue could get to me. I’m hoping I can start the car today. If not, I’ll need to have it towed. Enjoy your day, mine doesn’t look to be very pleasant.

brit, Hembree, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  9. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Glad you're still with us!

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  10. jgreenepa

6AE41CE6-D851-4145-AD29-66479CF49B84.jpeg
    SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 2, 2021

Hurricane Ida’s backwash led to severe flooding here in southeast Pa. Yours truly was caught in a flash flood from a local creek in the car. The water seeped in and rose to chest level before para-rescue could get to me. Hopefully the car’s not ruined. The only decent part of yesterday was the arrival of this sweet little Klas Tornblom 4/8 straight razor. I’ve been hearing about these little razors for a while. Everyone kept repeating about the hardness of the steel and honing difficulties. After about 45 minutes on my Chosera 1k with little progress, I decided to pull out the big guns. I own a very aggressive artificial waterstone set (1k, 6k, 10k) made by Pride Abrasives based in Wisconsin, USA that I use for my W2 and Cru Forge V steel knives.

Given what I’d heard and that I only paid $15 for the razor, I decided to give the Pride set a shot. The 1k stone set the bevel with ease and after taking it through the 6k and 10k, I was very happy with the results. A 3000k slurry on my jasper stone really burnished the bevel beautifully leading to a finish in water until I had good stiction. You can see the shiny bevel in the photo. The mug shave was amazing. This little razor obliterated my facial stubble in two passes. There was really nothing left to shave after that second pass. All I can say is wow! Klas Tornblom built one heck of a shaver! I'm a believer! My Leresche 77 delivered its usual superb dome shave in two ATG passes. I feel cool, clean, and amazingly smooth.

RAZOR: Klas Tornblom 4/8 (Mug), Leresche 77 (Noggin)
    BLADE: Feather DE
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE LE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

jtspartan, 9nein9, IAmTheJody and 8 others like this.
  11. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe! After yesterday’s close call, I’m not firing on all my cylinders. I’ repost it below.

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  12. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe! I lucked out with the Tornblom. It looked pretty beat, but the seller, who I’ve bought from before assured me it was just dirt. He was right! The razor cleaned up nicely. Clean versions sell for 10 times what I paid!

13. jgreenepa

Thanks, Danny! We take off this Sunday! Gromit’s being looked after by my oldest grandson! They’re good buddies!

14. jgreenepa

Thanks, Danny! After the close call yesterday, I wasn’t firing on all my cylinders, and posted in last months thread! Thankfully, Joe (@Trigger) caught my error and reposted for me!

brit, JACarbone, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  15. jgreenepa

Fabulous shave! As we say here, “technique trumps tools” as is obvious from your experience. You clearly have great technique! Welcome to the thread! I’m Jeff. Would you be willing to share your first name? The site can’t accept photos larger than 1k. If you have photo compression software, there’s a lot of free stuff out there, that should do it. Some are able to click on the photo and select a smaller size. I use ”Compress” which is free. Enjoy your day! Looking forward to your Tech shave! :)

brit, JACarbone, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  16. jgreenepa

Thanks, Me too! I actually thought I might punch out yesterday! It was a very close call!

IAmTheJody, brit, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Sounds like a very successful shave, Charlie. Files must be less than 1mb to upload.

brit, JACarbone, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Most welcome Charlie. Welcome to the 30DC.

brit, Hembree, chazt and 2 others like this.
  19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Superb shave Jeff. I am glad you are safe following a harrowing encounter with Mother Nature’s evil side.

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful Williams Shave Barry

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.