September 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2021.

?

Will SEptember be your month to feature your SE razors?

1. Absolutely! Best shaves ever.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I might break out an SE or two.

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. SEptember to me means SElect and uSE SEveral SEt-ups

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. 100% of my shaves are accomplished by a single edge (one edge at a time)

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. I will only eat SEmprong, SEsame and SEven Layer cookies this month

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Very nice shave, Danny. I like the red with the black because it looks sharp. (pun intended). Orange and jasmine sounds like a nice blended scent. Enjoy your day!

brit and JACarbone like this.
  2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Danny.

brit and Trigger like this.
  3. Trigger

Thanks, Danny! I have to say that I liked the scent from the very start, but it has grown more sweeter to me the more I have used it. I am just lucky.

JACarbone and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

fantastic tuesday affairs gents..cool pics..:cool:

5. brit

brit in a box

tuesday
    black handle flare tip
    7 oclock black-2
    yaqi silvertip
    a &e grecian horse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hello gents.
    continuing on with the black theme.
    awesome shave

have a great day everyone.
    :eatdrink047:

6. Trigger

Thanks, Gary!
    Awesome and cool pics and shave, Gary! I guess you are going to do something special to make this Friday a Black Friday.

JACarbone, jgreenepa and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe..quite possible..;):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  8. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Gary.:cool:

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Very nice shave, Joseph. I appreciate you introducing me to Aramis Tobacco Reserve. It's great juice.

I currently rotate between three soaps - Tabac, Stirling Executive Man, and MdC. Each one performs a bit differently, but I enjoy using them all. I am well-stocked, so this will be my rotation for awhile.

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  10. wristwatchb

Very cool SE shave, Jason. I received my first Schick injector (looks like an E or G, not sure) from our friends in BC for my upcoming birthday. This was a total surprise. I need to pick up some blades and give it a spin.

brit, Hembree, jtspartan and 3 others like this.
  11. wristwatchb

I know you both enjoy Palmolive soap, and I'm glad you stocked up when you could. I've tried both the soap and cream...worked great, but something in the formulation gave me the slightest bit of irritation. I purchased several sticks and tubes when we visited the UK a few years ago. I must have overpaid. Sticks were 99 p, as I recall.

I have a handful of Tabac pucks, and I purchased 10 or 12 shave sticks last summer. I believe this was before the reformulation. I'm glad I stocked up when I did.

I also purchased a few Polsilver Super Iridiums (before prices went crazy) and 500 Sharp Stars for about $7 per hundred. It pays to stock up on favorites when you can.
    I try to share my Tabac, but nobody will accept it. :happy102:

brit, Hembree, Droo78 and 5 others like this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thanks, Charlie. Two tallow soaps and a vegan soap. What's your preference?

brit, Hembree, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

75122DA5-7F1A-4474-8520-E13BF0A255D4.jpeg

DE Shave # 359 - First Day of Autumn SOTD

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 37c Slant
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
    Brush: Jayaruh 329 Boar
    Lather: Hub City Red Cabin in the Woods
    Aftershave: Libertalia
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Nivea Cool Balm
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original
    Happy Autumnal Equinox gentlemen. We have a warm and muggy more here on LI. I decided to use a sample of the this soap. This is my first shave with this soap. The scent profile is as follows:
    The scent opens up with tobacco flower, nutmeg, and anise. Ginger, clove, and vanilla make up the heart. And this all rests on benzoin, tonka, and musk.

I opted for a DE shave with my Merkur 37c which never disappoints me. It is a solid razor with some weight which allows the blade to easily take care of business. This razor has the longest tenure of any razor in my den. I picked it up in the mid ‘90’s.

I finished off the shave with the usual suspects, alum, balm and witch hazel. The alum report was nonexistent. The Libertalia complemented the soap leaving a nice scent which should last a good portion of the day.
    Have a great day gentlemen.

brit, PanChango, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Gary

brit, Hembree and Trigger like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very fine shave Gary

brit, Hembree and Trigger like this.
  16. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

CFB740E8-23DD-49CE-9B1E-D731B8E11368.jpeg
    SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 22, 2021

This morning was a bit gloomy. Today’s mug shave featured the Wade & Butcher 7/8. The three pass shave went well leaving your happy narrator acceptably smooth. A series of graduated pasted strops in the form of my Constroption continues to maintain stellar edges for me. There is definitely a sharpening effect, as I’ve noticed that a honed razor that won’t quite pass the styrofoam peanut test after finishing a touch up, will do so after a pass through the Constroption.

The dome shave was really excellent today. I sometimes forget that the inventor of the Autostrop and Probak razors, Henry Gaisman, spent 40 years perfecting his Autostrop design with the VC4, today’s dome shaver representing his final design. This razor never fails to deliver an absolutely superb noggin shave. The other Autostrops are great shavers as well, but there’s just something about this particular final model that checks all the boxes for me. Two ATG passes and I’m cool, clean, and very velveteen.

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), Valet Autostrop Model VC4 (Dome)
    BLADE: Feather FAS-10. (18)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

Hembree, 9nein9, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Wednesday, September 22
    [​IMG]
    Vintage Williams~~dubl duck #4~~Pre-War USA Gillette Tech/Gillette Platinum~~Versace pour Homme Oud Noir
    With the first day of fall, came 55˚ and rain, but despite the dismal weather,
    yours truly was in Xanadu enjoying an amazing
    shave.
    The Tech has a REALLY small gap. The wielder is challenged, much like the AS-D2, to
    focus on finding and maintaining said gap.
    Plopped a new Gillette Platinum blade into the Tech and with a base of incredibly slick
    and protective Williams, proceeded to wipe away all stubble in two passes and some buffing.
    Tallow Williams is a very slick soap and with the addition of menthol, would give even our resident
    chill-master, Jeff @Yehuda D reason to rejoice.
    Versace juice to complete.

brit, Hembree, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Lupo 95/Treet Falcon (3)/MDC [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

brit, Hembree, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  19. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:lyrtuy5:..Tabac is a very love /hate scent. I personally love it.. I've yet the try the reformulation, by all accounts it suppose to be equal to the tallow formula.:cool:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    brit, Hembree, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  20. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Another lovely, fragrant Tech shave, Joseph. There are some in the community who draw very strong design parallels between the Feather AS-D2 and the Gillette Tech.

brit, Hembree, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.