September 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Will you use a single edge this month?

1. Yup, that's all I will use...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Of course... I always use one single edge...at a time.;-)

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. My SE razors are Cutthroats, so natch...

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I think I'll mix up my gear...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. I am going to use all of my razors, both single and double edge...

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Where do I pick up the medal I won from last month?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Must we suffer another month of Primo's introductions? He doesn't even provide cookies.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

What a difference a day, and setup change makes. My, my, my...shaving nirvana today, fellas.

First...the soap sample. Shannon's "Lakeshore Drive". I've used this sample before, and liked it, however I put the remainder in a used soap tub so I could load it like "normal". The texture is slightly odd, being somewhat grainy. Once loaded, that goes away. Get some hydration in there, and the lather comes to life and becomes creamy and dreamy. Plenty of slickness and cushion. All with a delightful side of wonderful scent (again, aquatics normally aren't my bag). There's a high probability of a full-tub purchase.

Now..onto the razor and blade - with emphasis on the blade itself. The Blackland Sabre was called out to play. Since I've never tried a GEM PTFE before, that's what got dropped in the razor. I know many of you here have said that you love and highly recommend them. I've seen more of the same praise on DFS, with some guys going 20, 30, or more shaves on one. Truthfully, my expectations weren't quite that high - figuring, yeah..it's probably a good blade, but unlikely to unseat the CVS carbon. Hmmmf. How wrong I was. The very first swipe with the Sabre/GEM PTFE combo told me all I needed to know. Butter smooth. Efficient. As the shave progressed, the blade continued to impress - so much that I even did my first pass on my neck ATG, just to see. ZERO issue whatsoever. Very seldom can that "party trick" be pulled off without discomfort and/or crimson. Normally, to go ATG on the cheeks, two XTG passes need to be completed first, otherwise it doesn't usually end up pretty. Different story with this blade. My first pass on the cheeks went XTG, from ear to nose. The next pass was ATG. Again, zero issues.

What an enjoyable shave. No drama at all...no cuts, nicks, or weepers. I didn't even bother with any post shave products. The mug is smooth, and well moisturized. Hours later, the scent of the soap still lingers.

My takeaway from this morning's shave. I'm starting to appreciate aquatic scents. And, the GEM PTFE is a clear winner, certain to end up being a bulk purchase.

Anybody care to venture a guess what tomorrow's lineup will be? :D
    Have a wonderful Thursday, gents!
    IMG_1591.jpeg

2. brit

brit in a box

awesome Pierpaolo..

ischiapp, jgreenepa, dvdhviid and 3 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Bruce..good morning..

4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Clint and Gary!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. brit

brit in a box

very cool Bruce,i hope you get it sorted..:)..there could be an issue with it,fuzzy's too.not sure..

6. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Jason..good morning..

7. brit

brit in a box

awesome canned TOTWE shave Paul,good morning..

8. FaceScraper

Thank you, Gary! Good morning to you as well.

9. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Evan..

10. brit

brit in a box

i have noticed the schick prices creeping up lately..

JACarbone, jgreenepa, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  11. FaceScraper

It doesn't matter one way or the other, to be honest. I have quite a few razors that are enjoyable to use. If another blade doesn't do the trick, I'll offload it.

12. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

8F321E00-0621-4613-99DB-1A13EB093951.jpeg
    SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 17

Day 6 of the G7DC. My late post is due to a shelf collapse that occurred last night. As a result yours truly was caught up in trying to deal with what I felt to be a minor mishap, but my dear SWMBO was convinced the apocalypse was in the offing if I didn’t address things immediately. Well, did that after I shaved, but never had the chance to report results until now. Well, it was not a fluke. The Feather DX delivered the closest shave I’ve ever experienced. In fact the stubble was so slight that I reached velveteen status in two (ATG, XTG) passes. I guess I could have gotten away without a face shave if I wanted, but that’s what we’re all about. I'm beginning to feel very comfortable with the DX. The dome shave was acceptably close, but I used the DX to clean up the same recalcitrant stubble at the bottom of the crevasse in the middle of the back of my head by holding the blade with both hands. The tremors were definitely making themselves known, but I managed, despite one small weep, to clean things up without scalping myself. So, given how well things have developed for me skill-wise with the DX, I’ve decided to complete the focus with a final shave tomorrow! I feel lean, clean and velveteen!

RAZOR; Feather DX Wooden Handle (Mug), Schick Type L Paul Revere (DomeJ
    BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot
    CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

13. brit

brit in a box

thursday shave G7dc #6
    1949 schick "66"
    schick
    rr 400 synthetic
    stirling lemon chill
    [​IMG]
    good morning gents,shave 6 breezed along without incident,new blade felt fine,went with the lemon chill today just because,not a hot day at all.love the way this synthetic builds lathers..fabulous cold almost bbs .i didn't push the lower neck as i couldn't feel it..but little stubble when rubbed against the growth..lemon chill to finish and something lemony edt wise later on today,probably C&E limes..today's 1937 chevy master coupe gasser is a fictional build but the name Gary Hargett is real.he races circle track stuff.have a great day everyone..

14. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Jeff.:).new razor trials for you tomorrow?

15. brit

brit in a box

:)..

16. FaceScraper

Way to go, Jeff! You nailed another one.

17. FaceScraper

Another cool photo and model, Gary!

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful photo and shave Jason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgreenepa, brit, jluc and 2 others like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Awesome shave Evan. The Blue Monster looks fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgreenepa, Trigger, brit and 2 others like this.
  20. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

@wristwatchb

In the absence of the Russian Cookie Cartel, Ice Cream rises to power. Randy will be proud. @BaylorGator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.