September 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Will you use a single edge this month?

1. Yup, that's all I will use...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Of course... I always use one single edge...at a time.;-)

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. My SE razors are Cutthroats, so natch...

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I think I'll mix up my gear...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. I am going to use all of my razors, both single and double edge...

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Where do I pick up the medal I won from last month?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Must we suffer another month of Primo's introductions? He doesn't even provide cookies.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDaniel's

MrDaniel's Well-Known Member

Thanks Bruce, you too.
    Thank you, Andrew! I saw your other posts, i hope things will get better over there.

Like pine tar and other weird stuff? :D
    Thank you, Charlie. :)

jtspartan, clint64, jluc and 6 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

awesome tech shave and pic Joseph,maybe the brit tech is better?;)..have a fantastic birthday..:)

clint64, Primotenore, jluc and 3 others like this.
  3. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Hiya, Perry!!! How the heck are ya?

clint64, jluc, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  4. FaceScraper

Nuttin' wrong with any of those, Bill!

clint64, jluc, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Bruce..the cool part about this hobby is there are no rules..and no one can see you if there were..:cool:..

6. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Superb lineup, Joseph! Your MC brush is one of my favorites in your collection. :happy088:

7. brit

brit in a box

all i have ever done with the fat is damp brush,slow moderate pressure loading time to get lots on the brush and add water slowly while building the lather,kind of like finessing modern williams..fantastic lathers..have you tried regular bottled water instead of distilled?..hard water guys have issues i think..

8. FaceScraper

I truly believe, unless you're "gifted" in olfactory senses - or really, really try to make sense of it all, most of us fall in the same category. The world of perfumes is interesting, and a huge rabbit hole, should a person make that into a hobby. I have three major classifications by which I judge scents.
    Love it.
    Hate it.
    It's ok.
    Trying to pick out individual notes just doesn't happen for me.

Have you done any searching for a bacon EDP yet? Betcha it exists...:D

jtspartan, clint64, JACarbone and 7 others like this.
  9. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Great looking shave, Bruce! Sounds like you'll keep the Sabre in the regular rotation.
    Nice addition of the driftwood in the pic. :happy088:

10. FaceScraper

I'm sure all of this has been quite interesting, and challenging, Perry. No doubt you're doing a great job navigating through the changed schedules. Hopefully all this blows over soon, and things get back to normal.

11. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Gary!

12. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Happy Birthday @wristwatchb Charlie! Enjoy your birthday, don't eat too much Ice cream! ;)

clint64, jluc, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  13. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Today was the first time I've used any other water besides from the tap. I'll try using different brushes with the distilled water and MWF first to see if anything changes. Then I may try bottled spring water.

clint64, JACarbone, jluc and 4 others like this.
  14. FaceScraper

Delightful setup and photo, Andrew!
    Not that it's impossible you have a bad batch soap, I'd say it's doubtful. They've been in the game a very long time, and have it down to a science. Maybe I've been lucky that lathering MWF has never been an issue for me. I've read plenty of accounts where others have difficulty. MWF is a thirsty soap, and can take on a lot of water while lathering. Keep at it, and I'm sure you'll start getting consistent results.

clint64, jluc, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  15. FaceScraper

Beautiful Birthday Shave, Joesph! Sorry the results didn't wow you today.

clint64, Primotenore, jluc and 2 others like this.
  16. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Fat Friday! Wonderful shot. Never seen the little gold piece on the bottom of a Featherweight like that. Interesting. I used The Fat this morning in continuing the Fat Friday tradition.

Too bad your Fat lathers are subpar. Not sure what might be the cause of that. I get tons of luscious, slick, and stable lather. I also soak the puck and almost always use a boar brush that soaks in the sink before the shave. One thing I've learned is to scoop up into the brush any of lather that spills over the edges while you load. I scoop that up right before face lathering. My lathers are usually thin and along the lines of your description if I don't scoop up those suds that spill over. I'm using the iconic ceramic dish and it's pretty small, so a lot escapes over the edges.

17. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Bruce!
    I do not find that MWF is a thirsty soap. While building and hydrating the lather, it quickly thins out and breaks down for me. It almost becomes a loose, foamy consistency - never dense.
    I face lather almost every shave, but I have tried bowl lathering with this soap too. Same results.

jtspartan, clint64, JACarbone and 7 others like this.
  18. FaceScraper

Thank you, Gary! "Rules" just describes the shaves I've been getting with the Sabre lately...as in "This shave rules". :)

19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks, Bruce! Interesting and challenging are certainly two wonderful adjectives for the past few months. Just keep plugging away and do the best you can.

clint64, jluc, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  20. FaceScraper

Thank you, Andrew! With the shaves I've been getting lately, yessir - the Sabre will be used more often.
    The driftwood lust happened to be sitting in the lightbox. My wife must've been using it for bead photos. Since it was there anyway....;)

clint64, JACarbone, jluc and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.