September 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2020.

?

Will you use a single edge this month?

1. Yup, that's all I will use...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. Of course... I always use one single edge...at a time.;-)

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. My SE razors are Cutthroats, so natch...

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. I think I'll mix up my gear...

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  5. I am going to use all of my razors, both single and double edge...

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  6. Where do I pick up the medal I won from last month?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Must we suffer another month of Primo's introductions? He doesn't even provide cookies.

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

I hope it works better for you. My tap water here is from the Chattahoochee and I presume yours is as well.

2. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Jim..

3. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Superb shave lineup and photo, Joseph!

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking shave Daniel.

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful photo and shave Joseph.

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I would think the water is from the Hooch. I will see how it goes next Friday.

FaceScraper, Trigger, jluc and 2 others like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

fine tech shave and pic Daniel..:cool:

8. brit

brit in a box

awesome schick shave and pic Jim..welcome aboard..:cool:

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

September 26, 2020
    Henson AL13
    Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow
    Shavemac Synthetic
    RMBC Sandalwood Shave Cream
    Fine Santal Absolut Aftershave

[​IMG]

The RMBC is officially done and dusted. I can't say I am sad to see it go. Lets hope RMBC shave cream does not end up in my gift box anytime soon. I am officially of the SE train for the month. The Henson razor arrived well over a week ago and I have shown remarkable patience up to this point but I just had to give it a go. The Henson is a mild aluminum razor made in Canada. According to their website they maintain extremely tight tolerances. This appears to be the case. Everything about the razor speaks to quality construction. The razor is very mild and light. The angle was easy to find and maintain. Three passes and touch ups were uneventful and I had what I thought was a BBS shave. I rinsed my face and discovered a spot on my lower left neck. So I just buffed the area without reapplying lather. Baby in hand with no ill effects. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

10. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pic Clint.congrats on finishing the soap..happy saturday..:cool:

11. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Saturday's Shave
    #SEptember

Schick Repeating Razor Model C1
    Personna blade
    Grizzly Bay Custom
    Razorock XXX Shaving Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Razorock XXX Aftershave

The ease of use and efficiency of this razor always amazes me. Just 2 passes gave me a near BBS and no irritation today. I believe this model was actually called the "Simplified Schick Razor" made by the Magazine Repeating Razor Co. The loading mechanism is a bit tricky with modern blades (old blades were thicker) so I hand load this one to prevent jamming.

Roll Tide!

SOTD 09.26.2020.jpg

12. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Fantastic shave lineup and photo, Clint! I've seen the ads for the Henson razor lately and wondered how it performed. Sounds like a keeper.

FaceScraper, Trigger, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

the saturday shave. Myles inspired @myles wilson
    46-7 aristocrat
    platinum
    JR#282 zebrawood 400 badger
    tobs tobacco leaf
    pinaud whiskey woods decanted
    [​IMG]
    good morning gents..lovely tobacco shave with the 46-7 aristocrat/platinum combo.i had a 1949 notch version of this razor i used as to preserve this razor but passed it on,part of the "keep the favorites" decision a while back.if i am careful with it the plating should last ..the gold plating is more durable on these than the new series razors..fine tobs lather built with JR''s #282 zebrawood 400 badger,my first custom made brush adopted when i started on the TSD..smooth 2+ pass bbs was the result..while tobs isn't the top shelf product like others it's only real failing is post shave..not bothered really as that's what post shave products are for.folks cutting corners..the start of the "disposable" society..;)..decanted clubman whiskey woods to finish .awesome..have a fine day everyone..:).thank you Myles..

14. brit

brit in a box

awesome schick shave and pic Andrew..:)

FaceScraper, Trigger, Droo78 and 2 others like this.
  15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

September 24 & 26

Mongoose (batch 2) in satin SS finish w/Big Bomber handle
    Feather Super Professional SE (2 & 3)
    B-400 by Tom handle w/Envy White Supreme two-band knot
    Mike's Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender soap
    Alum
    Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel
    Unrefined Shea Butter
    Almond Oil
    Jeeves of Hudson Street Blood on Steel aftershave

I completed two enjoyable shaves with the Mongoose. This is a super duper razor. It has a comfortable feel in hand and is quite intuitive to use. The shave on the 24th was an evening one-passer on two days of growth, and I just completed two-plus passes this morning. With a few shavette style skin stretches and alum-coated fingertips, near BBS results ensued. I've incorporated some new side-to-side and ATG strokes on my chin and upper lip for great results.

Mike's soap is a joy to use (slick and protective), and my Bride approves of the JOHS Blood on Steel aftershave scent. I'm just making a dent in the puck of Mike's and a little more than halfway through the bottle of aftershave. I plan to finish off both products before moving on.

Grace and Peace.

SOTD_092620.jpg

16. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Charlie..:cool:.happy saturday..

FaceScraper, Trigger, jluc and 2 others like this.
  17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Gary. You too, my friend!

FaceScraper, Trigger, brit and 2 others like this.
  18. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Excellent shave, Jim!

FaceScraper, Jayaruh, brit and 2 others like this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Gary.

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fabulous photo and shave Andrew. The C1 is just one freaking cool looking razor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.