Serious poll question for mature audiences

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Oct 7, 2018.

?

Is unfaithfulness ever justified by self-induced intoxication?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    94.8%
  3. Maybe/Depends (explain in comments)

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If you don't understand a topic, it's best not to post.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    mrchick, AGHisBBS, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

While our member @Don Logan is terse I think I get his point. Might take a paragraph to break it down.

In a committed relationship the two partners extend trust and have behavioral expectations. If one breaks the agreement, the other would be in a position to hold the rule breaker at an advantage. The extreme of that relationship is slavery. The power structure has shifted from equal partners to owner & owned.

Did I get it as you were thinking Don @Don Logan ?

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    One might be forgiven, but the "trust" factor is forever damaged.

Bama Samurai, Paul76 and brit like this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Wow, you just use that line on a date, and you will go far. :happy097:
    Best you stick to "Hookers and Blow", if that is truly how you think.

Bama Samurai, Paul76 and mrchick like this.
  5. Don Logan

Don Logan New Member

Well said :happy088:

Many women assume men owe them marriage, kids, and a place to live. If her needs aren't fulfilled, woman accuses man of lacking commitment, and abruptly ends the relationship.. while simultaneously shooting herself in the foot.

Screwtape, Paul76, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

very true , i have met many.

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I am sorry that you have met the wrong type of women. I am here to tell you that they're out there. BTW, we all need our "needs" fulfilled...NOT just women.

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

1. The hypothetical was if either spouse betrayed the other. It was not limited to only the woman being guilty. It also assumes the person really is guilty, not merely suspected or accused.

2. The question is if drunkeness mitigates responsibility on the part of the one who broke the relationship.

Nothing he posted has anything to do with either point.

Screwtape, mrchick and RyX like this.
  9. Don Logan

Don Logan New Member

28 years old. Never been in a relationship. Two stroke motorcycles fulfill my needs :D

[​IMG]

Paul76, RyX and Keithmax like this.
  10. Don Logan

Don Logan New Member

If my sense of humour triggers hurt feelings, use the forum's ignore feature as a safe space.

11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

It really depends upon one lifestyle and relationship choices. You can’t answer the questions if you don’t understand the circumstances. Some of us choose to be in open relationship and often we are harshly judged for it because we do not conform to the norm. I choose to live my life the way I want and I honest about it, I don’t look down on or degrade those who choose differently.

Does drunkenness mitigate violations of an agreement with a spouse or breaking the law? Only in Korea I think, it is a popular and amazingly accepted excuse in court. I don’t think drunkness is an excuse but for this case it is a loaded question and presupposes that we all share the same type of remand views towards sex.

12. Keithmax

:happy097:

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

No hurt feelings, just boredom with yet another lonely red pill evangelist with no good news to preach.

Kiss and hug the bike for me.

Screwtape, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The question was in no way loaded but your vote of Yes is noted, thanks for playing.

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

Godwin Effect. Also known as Topic Drift.

See above. , then below.

"Say to yourself in the early morning: I shall meet today ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, uncharitable men. All of these things have come upon them through ignorance of real good and ill... I can neither be harmed by any of them, for no man will involve me in wrong, nor can I be angry with my kinsman or hate him; for we have come into the world to work together..." Marcus Aurelius

PLAla, Screwtape, Paul76 and 2 others like this.
  16. Keithmax

Actually my vote was maybe, while in Korea intoxication is an acceptable excuse for bad behavior I personally do not think intoxication is an acceptable excuse.

Screwtape, AGHisBBS, Paul76 and 2 others like this.
  17. Keithmax

That explains most days for me. Great quote.

Screwtape, Paul76, brit and 1 other person like this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Thank you for clarifying, I apologize for my tone to you and ask your forgiveness.

RyX and Keithmax like this.
  19. Keithmax

I understand this can be an emotional issue. No harm, no foul. I should have been clearer in the earlier post. It appals me that in Korea people are given a pass for heinous acts because they say times were tough and I was drunk. Intoxication is no excuse for bad behaviour. I selected maybe because there may be circumstances and history not related to the drunkenness that lead the infidelity.

20. RyX

RyX DoH!

You might endanger your geezerhood, being all kind and gentlemanly there. ;)
    i-remember-back-not mad.jpg

gorgo2 and Keithmax like this.