Shave of the Week

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by poppi, Jan 27, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 7 February 2022

Weber DLC razor
    Tatra Platinum blade
    Plisson/L'Occitane Synthetic brush
    Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime SS
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Assorted A/S

First go with the Tatra blade. Smooth and comfortable but didn't feel like the sharpest in the Weber. May try a different razor later in the week to see if there is a difference. Love all the other parts for sure and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks [​IMG]

2. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see what you think of the blade in another razor. I either got incredibly lucky or these are very good blades in my brief experience.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

The Weber/Tatra combo just didn't work for me so today I put a new Tatra in my Gillette Slim Adjustable. Set it on 5 and had a go with that combo. Worked ok but still not impressed with the Tatra blade. It's a YMMV thing just like everything else in shaving.

Ijustmissedthe50s and SRQShaver like this.
  4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 14 February 2022

Pearl Blaze razor
    Astra SP blade
    Shave Revolution Synthetic brush
    Lea Menthol SC
    Assorted A/S

Mighty fine shave for a Valetines Day; smooth, close and comfortable. I used the Blaze a couple of weeks ago with a GSB blade and that combo worked great. This combo is better for me. Gonna use the Blaze this week and then 1 more week before doing a review. But so far, it's a fine shaving tool. And, yes, I've been using Lea Menthol SC quite a bit but it just works so well for me that it's hard to use something else. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks. [​IMG]

awk-m4, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 21 February 2022

Parker Variant razor
    Sharp Star blade
    WD Synthetic brush
    Proraso Green SS
    Assorted A/S

Another week with an Indian made razor and it was a mighty fine shave to start the week with, smooth/close/comfortable. All the parts liked each and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks. [​IMG]

6. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 2/28/2022

Razor - Pearl Blaze
    Blade - The Gentleman
    Brush - Fine Classic Synthetic
    Cream - Williams Menthol
    Post - Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    A/S - Assorted

This will be my 3td week with the Pearl Blaze razor (stay tuned for review) and all went well. The Gentleman blades came with the razor, upon purchase, and they're nice. Not top tier to me but a decent, easily usable blade. The Williams SC works very well but I'm not a big fan of the scent. All in all, this was a nice DFS shave and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

7. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Nice landing spot for the minimalists or for those who ditched cartridge razors to save money.

brit likes this.
  8. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 7 March 2022

Razor - Gillette Flair Tip/TV Special
    Blade - Astra SP
    Brush - JR #85
    Soap - Seaforth! Spiced
    Post - Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    A/S - Assorted but mostly Seaforth! Spiced

My earlier bout of covid messed up my smeller and my favorite soaps from Seaforth most definitely did not do well with my sense of smell. Decided to try again today and, lo and behold, everything was fine. I'm very happy about that too. Using the listed items, I proceeded to have a wonderful shave. The TV Special, for whatever reason, seemed a bit more efficient than my other Flair Tips. Still wonderfully comfortably though. IDK why but am happy with it. My face is happy and so is my smeller. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

9. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 14 March 2022

RepliTech razor
    Bic Astor blade
    RazorRock Plissoft brush
    Viking "Citron" SS
    Assorted A/S

I got the RepliTech razor and a boatload of blades from the TSD Raffle courtesy of AztecMike. Thought I should try it out but wasn't really thinking that this would work out to well. Surprise!! The darn thing shaved like....well.... A Tech. The Bic Astor blade was a surprise also, it was smooth, comfortable and effective. Why have I not heard much about these blades? In the RepliTech, it worked very well indeed. So, it was a revelation and a good one at that, my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

replitech.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s, Aztecmike and brit like this.
  10. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 21 March 2022

Yintal razor
    Astor (Bic) blade
    Maggard Purple Swirl Synthetic brush
    Seafort! Sea Spice Lime SS
    Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime A/S Tonic

Nice way to start the week with the listed items. All worked well together and an easy DFS shave was the result. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s, Aztecmike and brit like this.
  11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 28 March 2022

Pal razor (British & Aluminum)
    GSB blade
    Stirling Synthetic brush
    More For You SS
    Assorted A/S

Long time since I used this very lightweight (30 gr) razor but I should use it more. It gives me a great shave every time. I like it. The Turkish More For You SS is some pretty good stuff too, easy to lather and great protection. Now go enjoy your day folks

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  12. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 4 April 2022

Pearl Blaze razor
    Personna blade
    Vie-Long Silver Tip brush
    Seaforth! Heather SS
    Assorted A/S

These blades are what I used a few years ago when I returned to DE shaving, like them and took awhile to find some that didn't cost an arm and a leg. All the other parts worked well together and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 11 April 2022

SCS-Model A razor
    GSB blade
    RazoRock Plissoft brush
    Williams SC
    Assorted A/S

Saw this razor on another SoD by SRQShaver and thought that it was/is a cool looking razor so I got one. Glad I did cuz it's a really good but mild shaver. Very comfortable, smooth, close shave and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks. [​IMG]

14. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 18 April 2022

Gillette Black Beauty razor
    Bic Astor blade
    Shave Revolution Synthetic brush
    Lea Menthol SC
    Assorted A/S

The Gillette/Astor combo is a winner for me. No nicks, no cuts, no errors. Love the Lea Menthol SC, it's really great stuff for me. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

15. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I am a big fan of using a kit for a full week. It give me an opportunity to learn the properties of my hardware and software and still offer some variety. I usually change my kit every Sunday. Here is my kit for this week:
    20220412_193639_resized.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and poppi like this.
  16. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Here is my shave kit for the coming week starting tomorrow ( Sunday)
    Razor: Gillette Slim
    Brush: Assorted badgers
    Soap: Mike's Barbershop
    ASB: Nivea Sensitive
    Hope you have a great week of shaves!
    20220419_093025_resized.jpg
    20220419_092941_resized.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and poppi like this.
  17. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 25 April 2022

Gillette Red Tip razor
    Gillette 7 O'Clock blade (green)
    Plisson/L'Occitane brush
    Ingram SC (Egypt)
    Assorted A/S

Mighty fine shave to start the week with. 1st time with the Ingram from Egypt but it worked just fine. Not much of a menthol sensation but enough to enjoy. Like I said, mighty fine shave and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

18. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 2 May 2022

Henson Medium razor
    Silver Star blade
    WD Synthetic brush
    Proraso Green SS
    Assorted A/S

1st time using the Henson and it worked out well. Seems to have a narrow window for best results but when you find it, it's all good. A sharper blade might help a bit more so I may try a different blade in a couple days. But I like Silver Star's so I'm happy and so is my face. Now go enjoy your day folks

[​IMG]

19. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 9 May 2022

Henson Medium razor
    Astra SP blade
    JR #85 brush
    Lord SC
    Assorted A/S but mostly Skin Bracer

Love the Lord SC; pleasant scent, lathers so easily, gives good skin care and has a slight but nice menthol feeling. Kinda hard to find sometimes but worth it to me. The Henson razor is a gem, easy to use and gives me great comfortable shaves. So, my face is very happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 16 May 2022

Henson Medium razor
    Gillette 365 blade
    Maggard Synthetic brush
    Tamara SC
    Assorted A/S

Another week, another Egyptian SC though this is the last of the Egyptians I have. This week features Tamara SC which, to me, smells a lot like Barbus SC. The cream works well, easily lathering and giving very good skincare. I like it. All the other parts worked well and a fine shave was had. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]