Shave of the Week

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by poppi, Jan 27, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 5/23/2022

SCS-Model A razor
    GSB blade
    Shave Revolution brush
    Lord SC
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Assorted A/S

Another go around with my Egyptian SC's starting this time with the Lord SC. It's really nice stuff, lathers easily, gives great protection and the scent is mild but pleasant. It also has a nice menthol feel to it, not to much just enough for me. The SCS razor is another lightweight aluminum razor that shaves a lot like a Henson. For me, very nice and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 5/30/2022

Henson AL13 Aggressive razor
    Astra SP blade
    Plisson/L'Occitane brush
    Tamara SC
    Assorted A/S

I have the Henson Medium razor and like it a lot but wondered how to get just a smidge more aggression out of it. I tried loosening the head a bit and that worked pretty well. But I went ahead and contacted the company and asked why there was a mild and medium why not an aggressive. They replied that they had made a small run of the Aggressive razors that were not advertised on their site. Also stated that these were not refundable/returnable. Hmmm.......I ordered one and used it this morning. It's great! Just what I was looking for still having the same easy, smooth shave that the Medium has. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6/6/2022

Razor - Pearl Blaze
    Blade - Rainbow Stainless
    Brush - Shave Revolution Synthetic
    Cream - Ingrams (Eygptian)
    Balm - Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    A/S - Various

Right dandy shave to start the week with. All the parts worked well together and my face is very happy. The scent of the Ingrams SC didn't agree with my smeller but worked great. So, go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6/13/2022

Razor = Henson Aggressive
    Blade = Gillette 365
    Brush = Whipped Dog Synthetic
    Soap = TSD 2X Iced Lemongrass
    Balm = Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    A/S = TSD 2X Iced Lemongrass

Summer has hit SE Louisiana and it's hot so it's time to bring out the really cold stuff. And the TSD SS/AS are really really cold and work great! Love the Henson razor too, so easy to use and gives a great shave. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6/20/2022

UPDATE: not satisfied with the razor/blade combo this week so changing to an Astra SP and Henson Medium. All else remains the same

SNMIRN razor
    Bic Astor blade
    RazoRock Plissoft brush
    William SS (vintage)
    Assorted A/S

After using the Henson razor for a bit, using anything else feels strange to me. Regardless, all the parts worked well together and a dandy shave was had. All is well. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  6. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6/27/2022

Henson +++ razor
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp blade
    Vie-Long Silver Tip brush
    Williams SC
    Assorted A/S

Mighty fine shave to start the week with. I find myself reaching for the Henson +++ more often than not lately. For me it's a real gem and an easy effective shaver for me. The Williams SC really works well though I'm not a big fan of the scent. But that's just my smeller. I know others like it but, like I said, the performance is great. Using a natural brush this week which is unusual for me. I prefer synthetics but this is the silver tip I reach for. It's small but works so very well. And that's all I'm gonna say this morning. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

7. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 4 July 2022

Pal Aluminum razor
    Silver Star blade
    APShaveCo brush
    Seaforth! Heather SS
    Seaforth! Heather A/S Tonic

Dandy shave to start the week with as all the parts liked each other a lot. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

8. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Update on the current Shave of the Week:

Although the Seaforth!Heather SS works very well, the scent is extremely offputting, almost nauseating, to me this week. Think it's a residue of my bout with Covid awhile ago. At any rate, changing to Lord SC for the rest of the week. I'll try again another time with the Seaforth

9. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 11 July 2022

Henson +++ razor
    Rainbow Stainless blade
    Whipped Dog Synthetic brush
    Dr Selby 3x Shave Cream
    Assorted A/S

Right dandy shave to start the week with. The Dr Selby SC is a hard one to get hold of but sure glad I have. Thanks to jay_gatz for this. He got hold of these somehow from Uruguay and was nice enough to share. Anyway, all the parts liked each other and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, Saturday. July16th 2022

Razor
    : Razorock game changer.84- Mfg 2018> excellent tame mid range, well constructed of 316 SS, machining QC top notch with a nice shave handling, excellent results paired with a Extra wide Kai SS blade drives it up notch in performance, audio feedback is awesome with this blade(sizzling sound of whiskers getting sliced).
    Blade : Kai SS (2) extra wide compared to the standard Gillette Astra blade by 9/1000 of a inch or 4.5/1000 per side for that extra efficentcy and blade feel I enjoy using a steep angle, very nice razor with excellent results. Great for those mild razors you have that do not get used as much.
    Soap : Yaqi Musketeer, nice mid range scent with excellent lather qualities[​IMG], designed for Yaqi by Master soap creations SA.
    Brush : Yaqi Robin 24mm boar bristle brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hair, great scrubber + great lather painter.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Yaqi musketeer AS[​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG] Excellent shave with my RR GC.84 with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 18 July 2022

Razor - SCS Model A
    Blade - GSB
    Brush - Plisson pour L'Occitane synthetic
    Soap - Vintage Seaforth SS
    Balm - Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Post - Assorted A/S

Noted in another post that my smeller is still messed up from my bout with Covid 19. Some of the soap/cream/aftershave scents are very off putting for me so I decided to finally use my very vintage Seaforth cuz it's lost most of its original scent and is easy on my senses right now. And, WOW, that stuff lathered right up into a wonderful creamy protective lather that worked very well indeed. Think I'm going to use it for awhile cuz it meets all my needs at this point. Anyway, my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

12. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 25 July 2022

Gilllette Slim Adjustable razor
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Green blade
    PAA Amber Aerolite brush
    Seaforth SS (vintage)
    Assorted A/S but mostly Taconic Eucalyptus Mint

Continuing to use the vintage Seaforth. It's a really good SS and being it has little to no scent helps. I like it. 1st time out with the PAA brush. It's really big but works just fine. All in all, a fine shave and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

MoAllen, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 1 August 2022

Weber DLC razor
    Silver Star blade
    Shave Revolution synthetic brush
    Seaforth SS (vintage)
    Assorted A/S

Continuing to use the vintage Seaforth SS, it's really good stuff and I like it. The Shave Revolution brush is an oldie but a goodie and works great for me. All the other parts worked well together and a fine shave was had. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

14. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 8/8/2022

Gillette Knack razor
    Gillette Platinum blade (came with Knack)
    Gillette Regular SC
    AP Shave Co brush
    Assorted A/S

Thanks to IAmTheJody and the recent raffle win, I received the Gillette items, all of them NOS. Decided to go big time and use these items in my weekly shave. So, the Knack/Platinum combo is great. Smooth and comfortable. The Gillette Regular SC lathered like crazy, giving a plentiful amount with just a little bit of work. Not my favorite scent but it worked very well. Results? A fine shave was had and my face it happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

15. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 8/15/2022

Parker 78r razor
    Parker blade
    AP Shave Co brush
    Seaforth SS (vintage)
    Assorted A/S

First go around with the Parker 78r. According to the vendor, it's got a new head design. I think so cuz the shave was different than with my 94r, smoother yet very efficient. The handle is killer good and love the gun metal finish. Using the vintage Seaforth again as it's (to me) a superb shave soap. Wish I had more. I'll use the new 78r for awhile then do a review but first shave indications are positive. At any rate, my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

[​IMG]

16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 8/22/2022

Parker 78r razor
    Astra SP blade
    AP Shave Co brush
    Taconic Bay Rum SC
    Taconic Bay Rum A/S

A couple of hold overs from last week, the Parker and AP Shave Co brush. Both worked very well last week. I'm going to use the Parker for a couple more weeks with different blades/soaps/creams then to a review on the razor. So far, it's really good. Very smooth, comfortable and gives DFS with no nicks, no cuts, no errors so far. The Taconic Bay Rum SC is easy to lather, gives great protection and the scent is mild/mellow/enjoyable. No hint of clove either which had turned me off of a lot of bay rum products. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

17. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 29 August 2022

Parker 78r razor
    Gillette 7 O'clock blade
    Whipped Dog Synthetic brush
    Viking "Citron" SS
    Assorted A/S

Looking through my stash and came across the Viking SS which I hadn't used in a long time. It's good stuff so it's on deck this week. Another week with the 78r and I'll do a report on how I feel about it then. Right now, it's a winner. All the parts liked each other so my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

18. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 5 September 2022

Henson AL13+++ razor
    Treet 7 Days blade
    PAA Amber Aerolite brush
    Williams SS (vintage)
    Assorted A/S

First things first, vintage Williams is, to me, as good a soap as there is out there. Easy to lather and provides great protection/cushion/glide. I could use it every day but, of course, I won't cuz I would run out of it too quickly. At any rate, great shave; smooth/close/comfortable. The Henson/7 Days combo is extemely effective and my face liked it a lot. All is well. Now go enjoy your day folks

[​IMG]

19. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 9/12/2022

Yintal razor
    Treet 7 Days blade
    AP Shave Co brush
    Seaforth SS (vintage)
    Assorted A/S

Today is kinda sad day. It would have been my beloved wife's 72nd birthday. The Good Lord took her home and relieved her suffering. And then He turned around and let me find another wonderful woman who is now my wife. God is great. Anyway, the Yintal razor gives a fine shave but be careful, it can bite. But not today. The vintage Seaforth is terrific, glad that a synthetic brush uses so little of it to give a wonderful lather, it will last a lot longer. So all is well and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 26 Sept 2022

Parker Variant razor
    Gilletter Silver Blue blade
    Shave Revolution Synthetic brush
    Gillette Regular SC
    Assorted A/S

Nice nice shave to start the week with, smooth/comfortable/effective, it's what we're all looking for I think. All the parts worked well together and my face is happy. The Gillette SC is very nice too, lathers easily with good glide/protection with a clean/soapy scent (to me). Now go enjoy your day folks. BTW, missed last week cuz had the opportunity to visit relatives I hadn't seen for over 10 years but it was very very short notice so of f I went. It was a great trip.

[​IMG]