Shave of the Week

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by poppi, Jan 27, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 5/23/2022

SCS-Model A razor
    GSB blade
    Shave Revolution brush
    Lord SC
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Assorted A/S

Another go around with my Egyptian SC's starting this time with the Lord SC. It's really nice stuff, lathers easily, gives great protection and the scent is mild but pleasant. It also has a nice menthol feel to it, not to much just enough for me. The SCS razor is another lightweight aluminum razor that shaves a lot like a Henson. For me, very nice and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 5/30/2022

Henson AL13 Aggressive razor
    Astra SP blade
    Plisson/L'Occitane brush
    Tamara SC
    Assorted A/S

I have the Henson Medium razor and like it a lot but wondered how to get just a smidge more aggression out of it. I tried loosening the head a bit and that worked pretty well. But I went ahead and contacted the company and asked why there was a mild and medium why not an aggressive. They replied that they had made a small run of the Aggressive razors that were not advertised on their site. Also stated that these were not refundable/returnable. Hmmm.......I ordered one and used it this morning. It's great! Just what I was looking for still having the same easy, smooth shave that the Medium has. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6/6/2022

Razor - Pearl Blaze
    Blade - Rainbow Stainless
    Brush - Shave Revolution Synthetic
    Cream - Ingrams (Eygptian)
    Balm - Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    A/S - Various

Right dandy shave to start the week with. All the parts worked well together and my face is very happy. The scent of the Ingrams SC didn't agree with my smeller but worked great. So, go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6/13/2022

Razor = Henson Aggressive
    Blade = Gillette 365
    Brush = Whipped Dog Synthetic
    Soap = TSD 2X Iced Lemongrass
    Balm = Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    A/S = TSD 2X Iced Lemongrass

Summer has hit SE Louisiana and it's hot so it's time to bring out the really cold stuff. And the TSD SS/AS are really really cold and work great! Love the Henson razor too, so easy to use and gives a great shave. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6/20/2022

UPDATE: not satisfied with the razor/blade combo this week so changing to an Astra SP and Henson Medium. All else remains the same

SNMIRN razor
    Bic Astor blade
    RazoRock Plissoft brush
    William SS (vintage)
    Assorted A/S

After using the Henson razor for a bit, using anything else feels strange to me. Regardless, all the parts worked well together and a dandy shave was had. All is well. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  6. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 6/27/2022

Henson +++ razor
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Permasharp blade
    Vie-Long Silver Tip brush
    Williams SC
    Assorted A/S

Mighty fine shave to start the week with. I find myself reaching for the Henson +++ more often than not lately. For me it's a real gem and an easy effective shaver for me. The Williams SC really works well though I'm not a big fan of the scent. But that's just my smeller. I know others like it but, like I said, the performance is great. Using a natural brush this week which is unusual for me. I prefer synthetics but this is the silver tip I reach for. It's small but works so very well. And that's all I'm gonna say this morning. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]