Shave of the Week

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by poppi, Jan 27, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 3 October 2022

Schick Route 66 razor
    Personna blade
    AP Shave Co. brush
    Williams SS (vintage)
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Assorted A/S

Thought it was time for a bit of a change so am using an injector this week. Been quite awhile since using one but the technique quickly came back and a fine shave was had. Love vintage Williams though I can get a great lather from the modern stuff as well. So it's a great start to the week. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 10 October 2022

Parker 94r razor
    Gillette Wilkinson blade
    Whipped Dog Synthetic brush
    Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! Spiced SS
    Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! A/S Tonic

Last December I had a really bad bout of Covid (at least to me it was bad) and it messed up my smeller which still hasn't recovered 100%. Some of the scents I used to love I can barely stand now. Decided to try the Seaforth! Spiced SS cuz it works great and had smelled wonderful before Covid. Now it still works great and I can deal with the scent. It's so messed up. Anyway, a fine shave was had and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

[​IMG]

3. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 17 November 2022

Parker 78r razor
    Tatra blade
    Lord SC
    Plisson/L'Occitane brush
    Assorted A/S

The Parker 78r is, to me, a very fine razor. Easy to use and producing a comfortable efficient result. The Tatra blades are so-so to me, smooth but not to sharp. Maybe it's the razor since it's so mild and comfortable. At any rate, my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, OCtober 17th 2022

Razor : Micromatic OC- Mfg 1939-41, mid to upper mid range, built to last and with good technique a person can receive some nice close shaves. I also used a RIGS spline shim for addition testing.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest razor blade to handle IMO.
    Soap : Razorock XXX [​IMG]- nice unique clean scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush : Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Used this brush a lot when I started traditional wet shaving.
    Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave : Razorock XXX AS [​IMG] with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 chin weeper=[​IMG] excellent shave with Gem MMOC with a Gem coated blade.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

Ijustmissedthe50s, poppi and brit like this.
  5. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 24 October 2022

SCS Model A razor
    Silver Star blade
    Stirling Synthetic brush
    Gillette Regular SC
    Assorted A/S

Very nice way to start the week. All the parts liked each other and a fine shave was had. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

View attachment 275331

brit likes this.
  6. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 31 October 2022

Gillette SuperSpeed razor
    Treet Dura Sharp blade
    PAA Synthetic brush
    Seaforth SS (vintage)
    Assorted A/S

Very nice start to the week. The SuperSpeed/Treet combo is fabulous, smooth/comfortable/effective. All is well. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  7. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 7 November 2022

Schick Injector razor (E3 I think)
    Personna blade
    AP Shave Synthetic brush
    Lea Shave Stick
    Assorted A/S

Long long time since I use a lot of these items and shame on me. The Lea stick produced an easy abundant lather and the Schick /Personna just wiped it right off in a comfortable/smooth/effective way. My face is smooth and happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  8. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 14 November 2022

Henson Al13+++ razor
    Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp blade
    Shave Revolution synthetic brush
    Taconic Bay Rum SC
    Assorted A/S

The Henson/Gillette combo is extremely comfortable and effective for me. The Taconic SC works well though the scent is not strong nor long lasting for me. All is well, my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  9. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Greetings all! Here is my shave kit for the coming week starting Sunday November 20, 2022.

Razor: EJ 3one6
    Blade: Gillette Sharp Edge
    Brush: Omega mixed boar / badger (this is one of my travel brushes, but since I dont travel much these days, I thought it needed a good workout)
    Soap: Palmolive. A favourite. Cheap as dirt and a great lather. Mild, cheap motel soap kind of fragrance.
    Wax: Grave Before Shave - cigar and vanilla scent. Strong hold -- strong enough to hang my car keys on.
    Well, that's about it guys.
    20221119_143504_resized.jpg

poppi and brit like this.
  10. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 21 November 2022

Star razor
    Silver Star blade
    PAA Synthetic brush
    Gillette Regular SC (vintage stuff)
    Assorted A/S

Very pleasant start to the week. Sweet shave and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  11. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 11/28/2022

Weber DLC razor
    Treet 7 Days blade
    WD Synthetic brush
    Dr. Selby 3X SC
    Assorted A/S

Nice start to the week. The Dr Selby is hard to get hold of but, to me, it's worth it. Makes a very nice lather, smell fantastic and I like it. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  12. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 5 December 2022

Pearl Blaze razor
    Gillette Wilkinson blade
    AP Shaving brush
    Blue's Shave Soap
    Assorted A/S

New soap this week and it's a nice one. Can't tell you the ingredients cuz all it says on the packaging is Goat's Milk and Animal Fats. The soap didn't melt my face off or anything like that, just gave a nice lather that worked very well. And since my smeller is still (a year later) messed up, the scent is, what there is of it, is pleasing. Anyway, my face is happy so go enjoy your day/week folks

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  13. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 12/12/2022

Gillette Heritage razor
    Astra SP blade
    Stirling Synthetic brush
    Palmolive Shave Stick
    Various A/S

I got the Heritage razor when they first came out some time ago and promptly put it on the shelf in my small collection. Looks good there and think I tried it once or twice, cleaned it up, and put it back. Well, it was calling me this morning saying "Use me, Use me"! So I did and glad for it. Nice comfortable/close/easy shave and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  14. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 12/19/2022

English Tech razor
    GSB blade
    JR#85 brush
    Palmolive Classic SC
    Assorted A/S

Right dandy shave to start the Christmas Week. I enjoy the Palmolive SC, love the scent, which is nice considering Covid wrecked my smeller. Scents are all messed up still after a year with my bout with Covid. Anyway, all is well and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  15. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

poppi and brit like this.
  16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 12/26/2022

Henson +++ razor
    Treet 7 Days blade
    AP Shave Co synthetic
    Mama Bear's Raspberry Shave Stick
    Assorted A/S

As noted in another post, I got a bunch of shave sticks for Christmas and decided to start with the Mama Bear's Raspberry one. Lathered easily and gave a wonderful lather. The scent, even to my covid wrecked smeller, is terrific and enjoyable. All the other parts worked well together and a dandy shave was had. My face is happy so go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  17. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 2 January 2023

Parker 78r razor
    Euromax blade
    Maggard Synthetic brush
    Mama Bear's Lime Ice Shave Stick
    Assorted A/S

Second shave stick try from my Christmas presents. The Lime Ice Shave Stick lathered very easily and is really chilly, good menthol sensation. The Parker/Euromax combo is a winner for me and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  18. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 9 January 2023

Parker 78r razor
    Personna blade
    PAA Synthetic brush
    Nivea Shave Stick
    Assorted A/S

Continuing on with my shave stick journey, I chose Nivea for this week. It lathers easily and gives a fine protective lather. The scent is, for me, pleasantly neutral which is fine with my covid wrecked smeller. I really like the Parker 78r and it pair just fine with the vintage Personna blade. Wish I knew which current Personna is the equivalent. At any rate, my face is happy so go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  19. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 16 January 2023

Parker 87r razor
    Gillette Wilkinson blade
    Maison Lambert SilverTip brush
    LaToja Shave Stick
    Various A/S

1st outing with the LaToja and it was nice. Lathered easily with the monster sized Maison Lambert brush and worked well with plenty of protection. The Maison Lambert brush is huge but oh so soft and nice on the face. A really fine shave was had and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks.

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  20. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Shave of the Week Starting 23 January 2023

Weber DLC razor
    Treet 7 Days blade
    Plisson/L'Occitane brush
    Speick Shave Stick
    Various A/S

Continuing on my Shave Stick journey, Speick is being used this week. It lathers easily and well giving my semi-handsome face good protection/feel. Love the scent too. Everything worked very well together and my face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

[​IMG]

brit likes this.