Shave Oil Experience

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Dusty5150, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Dusty5150

Dusty5150 Well-Known Member

I think I've found a solution to my "I slept in and need to shave in 45 seconds" problem lol.

Sometimes I don't have time to work up a lather and do a bunch of passes, so I tried a shave yesterday just using RSC shave oil and my Gem 1912 with a brand new Gem blade. One careful quasi x/wtg pass, and I had a good enough shave to last the day. It'd even be good enough for a work day if I slept in.

In a pinch, an oil only shave works! :D

2. Alpha Lyra

Alpha Lyra Active Member

Yeah shave oil is great for a quick shave. I've even used olive oil as a preshave...it worked well, but was a little messy.

3. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I've been using Shave Secret for a little over a month now and I think it's some great stuff. Doesn't really provide glide but the skin protection is excellent.

4. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

The skin protection is excellent,that´s for sure.But when i use oil (3-4 times a year) my sink is full of "sticky" sliced off whiskers.That´s not really nice...:angry019:

When i have the oil on the skin the layer is good so that tha razor can glide well and it a tiny menthol effect,what´s nice too.But in my opinion i can´t produce lather that will last longer timer time.The leather breakes down in within a half minute...:angry017: No matter what i try to do.

I´am not sooo happy with it.