"Shave Secret" WOW!

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Fred Hill, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Bama Samurai and Fred Hill like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Glen Beck hawks Shave Secret on his radio show. I've tried Cremo Cream and piffed it. I prefer making lather for my shaves. That is why Shave Secret may not be a hit with me either.

3. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

the cool thing about wet shaving is that a product one might not like someone else may love it. your milage may vary situation. I haven't tried the shave secret but I know a lot of people around here are fans of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
    Bama Samurai and Fred Hill like this.
  4. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

Maybe not! But; it could, possibly be an experiential $4.00 expenditure that adds to another 'Shaving-Tale,' which might even delight; entertain, or even 'enhance' someone-else's 'Shaving Experience?' Or, am I wrong about the 'adventuring' of the folks here, in "The Shave Den?" What do you have to loose...$4.00 & a shave, & the time it takes to evaluate & disseminate your experience, openly? But, I'm just another old "Puts," who enjoys a little bit of fun now & then! "Shave Secret" affords you 'NO LATHER TRAIL" to follow that 'razor-trail' upon your face, either! But; at my age...I don't need to follow a trail! I know my own face, after all these years; even though I'd like it to be more...well, fill-in-the-blanks! Hah, hah... I get nothing from anyone trying "Shave Secret," except the 'experience' they have with it. And, Jayruh, that's why I joined this site! I'm STILL learning, at 71 years, +...

macaronus and Darkbulb like this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I've never tried Shave Secret and doubt seriously I ever will. Why? Because I have tried other brushless creams and like @Jayaruh I prefer the trail left by a good sweet smelling lather.

It's your shave. Enjoy it your way.

Fred Hill likes this.
  6. Cheechako

Cheechako Active Member

I have Shave Secret, used Shave Secret...I put it on before some soaps.
    I tried it by itself, it was okay. Like the man said, paid my money, took the ride.
    Smells very nice!

macaronus and Fred Hill like this.
  7. Fred Hill

:happy096:Yep, and amen! " Shave-On-Shave-On-Shaver," and ENJOY your "Particular" Shave," always! (Wasn't there a 'song...' ah; maybe I'm just...hah, hah...); I'll join you in your "doubt[ing] seriously [you] ever will try it!" With that 'doubt,' why should/would you? "Happy 4th of July, "...you little shaver, you! :happy108:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Cremo is at Target out here. The only thing I have tried like it is "King of Shaves Alpha Oil". My issue is that oily products make me break out after a week or so. They work well, but are just unnecessary for my skin type, I tolerate most soaps well.

Fred Hill likes this.
  9. Fred Hill

Yea; I get that! It's a 'bummer-product' for sure if causes irritation, in any way/shape/form, for folks! "Unto thine own self be true...!" (Wonder if Shakespear was gazing into his mirror, having his "Morning Shave," (or trim) on the day he wrote those words?):signs002: Hmmm...hammm...Hamlll...That's it! I'll call it "Hamlet!"

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    Bama Samurai likes this.
  10. Fred Hill

(Oh Me-Oh-My!) Me "Shave Secret" seems to have 'FAILED-ME!' :scared011:Eye rec'd a '1912 Auto Strop Razor', today. Eye Cleaned; Polished, & Sanitized me treasure-o-brass in the 'Barbacide,' & proceeded to have "Me-Daily-Shave" with me 'old-new razor' & me "Secret Shave." That 103 year old razor (Excellent Condition, bye the bye...) was just TOO much like a 'Straight Razor' for 'Shave Secret' to provide a glide-path for me 1st.; of 2-passes! Eye 'quickly' lathered-up me Badger Brush with a small glob of "Cremo Cream," eye did; and fropped-up a froth upon me stinging old face. "Whew; That's more like it," say's I to the mirror. Eye finished me shave & inspected me own handsomeness in me lying mirror (Who the H#!! is that old bloke, anyway?). "As Ye Live and learn...," eh? It's not ALL in the Razor; but the Razor ALWAYS has a say; in yer Shave! Eye then 'splashed" me face with some 'Mennen Skin Bracer' (Why? Because eye like's it, eye does!). Finally..., there was the anointin of me (Humble but Handsome) face with some 'Tea Tree Oil,' & a teensy-weensey dab of 'Bump-Cream' on me chinny-chinn-chinn, just in case THIS shave produces some troublesome "INCOMING" affect on me 'old kisser!' All-In-All, though...Hah, hah, hah...T'was was INDEED; another adventuresome SHAVE! The old Bloke is SMOOTHE, me-lads; "Tally-Hoh-Pip-Pip.... an all that rot, cha-know!":signs021:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  11. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

I used SS a few times when I was starting wet shaving.
    It does work well, but I didn't like the overpowering clove scent, even after you washed it off.

Might be good for a travel kit idea though.

Fred Hill and Cheechako like this.
  12. Cheechako

Cheechako Active Member

I kinda liked smelling like a baked ham...:D

Fred Hill likes this.
  13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

It was the only way he could get the dogs to play with him. :rofl:

14. Cheechako

Cheechako Active Member

Beats the rings on my skin from girls touching me with a ten foot pole!:D

mrchick, Fred Hill and swarden43 like this.
  15. Fred Hill

:transport022:Shave-n-Travel-Shave-n-Travel-Shave-n-travel:scared011: hey, wait for me...

:chores016:C'mon, doggie...D#r*@% Dog...

Or,a Smoked Turkey:eatdrink023:

Well, there's "ALWAY'S" that,:kngt::happy068: eh?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
    macaronus likes this.
  16. Fred Hill

:happy093:So: after my last (failed) experience, with that "Shave Secret" oil, I 'manned-up' for another 'direct-test,' with another 'newly-delivered' (new/old) 103/4 yr. old 'Auto-Strop' Razor w/a 'pre-used' (1 time) Feather Blade (for the "TESTING"), in this well-cleaned & sanitized razor. This time I used 'ONLY' the "Shave Secret" oil, without any additional soap-lathering; only splashing hot water on my face, during my shave! "WOW, AGAIN!" I'm somewhat bewildered herein? I 'KNOW', from this experience, that it is NOT "Shave Secret" which failed me! It's the combination of 'Razors &/or Blades.' (Although...I used a 'Feather-Blade' which had already been used in ONE of my previous shaves?) No nicks; no burns, & no rashes what-so-ever! I still love the effects "Shave Secret" provided me! Cleaning my new-old razor consisted of merely rinsing it in a 'fast-spray' of hot water; wiping the blade-edge tenderly with a kleenex tissue, & placing it in a solution of Barbicide; letting it dry under the air conditioner...& wiping it off (with the blade in the razor). There is, however, the factual matter of my utilizing the "AUTO STROP RAZOR'S" auto-strop "feature." I had to make an Auto Strop, Strop, to do this! I learned the 'Know-How" of doing this by being a member of "THE SHAVE DEN!" I followed his directions/instructions, & deviated only 'slightly!' For this I am grateful! He showed pictures of his final product, of which I am envious...but; I'll take another GO at it to, maybe, do him proud? Well, all-in-all...I HAD A GREAT-SMOOTH-SHAVE!:git:

macaronus likes this.
  17. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot