shave with Williams Mug shave soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by wchnu, Mar 24, 2017.

1. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Yes it does have two patent numbers on it. Fuzzy this is one smooth shaving razor. After a week's worth of shaves with a Personna blade installed I'm going to load up a Schick this morning and give it a go along with some vintage Yardley's shaving soap.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Frijolero and Paul Turner like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

They are smooth. But it is a G not a E. Love them too. I habe a early model G1 that is just silk smooth.

3. chevyguy

So mine's a G?, I looked at a Schick identification chart and it showed that it was an E. Had pictures and everything.

Clayton

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

E models have one pat number. I confused a early G with a E myself. If you look at the dating table it shows the one pat number for the E and the 2 for the G.
    http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

5. chevyguy

Mine has a patent number below the first patent number. It really doesn't matter because I really enjoy using this razor. If I could only have one razor this would be it.

Clayton

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

They are great razors no doubt. If you want post in the loanets across the street. I will send you a E2 to compare it with.

7. chevyguy

That would be great thanks Fuzzy.

Clayton

8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Here is a vintage williams shave from a few days ago!

[​IMG]

The Semogue 1460 works great with the scuttle.

It's WILLIAMS WEDNESDAY once again. Let's see those shave setups. I am going Williams and old spice today.

MR41, Jayaruh, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  10. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Does anyone here have experience adding after shave to a williams puck before lathering? Im thinking about switching between OS and epsilon blue, but i dont want to do it if the puck will be stuck with that scent permanently. I think its been a whole week without using williams which is rare to me, i usually use it 3 to 4 days out of 7 but i was trying out a few others i recently added. Scented soaps have never wowed me until recently after beibg gifted a puck of fine american blend, and buying a tub of stirling spice, wouldnt mind trying scented williams but dont want to ruin or molest it.

11. chevyguy

It won't ruin it, I drizzle a little AV Ice Blue over mine to enhance it scent wise and the glycerine in the aftershave even helps to make the lather more protective and slick.

Clayton

Frijolero likes this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I mentioned this in one of my latest videos. Not molesting and will not hang around. I do it with old spice pretty often.

Frijolero, AGHisBBS and rbilly like this.
  13. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

20180620_052131.jpg todays williams shave
    Soap: Williams
    Razo: 64 slim set on 7
    blade: Gillette 7 O clock yellow
    AS: Avon Spicy
    Great way to end the work day.

MR41, Jayaruh, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Williams Wednesday, June 20
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Vintage Williams~~Simpson CH2 Two-Band SiLVERTiP~~1938 Gillette Senator~~Feather (2)~~OS Burley
    Have a great day!

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Veddy veddy nice.

Mentholated!

16. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

What does Burley smell like?

17. chevyguy

I have heard it's very close to smelling like Clubman Special Reserve.

Clayton

18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Good question. Let me first say that I am very bad at describing scents. I can recognize similarities, but my nose is untrained. Yes, Burley professes to have a "smokey base", but the background of Shulton OS really smoothes out the scent. Special Reserve is very powerful and much "smokier". Really an "in your face" type of scent and therefore very polarizing. Burley goes on smooth and stays that way. (I dabbed a bit on my hand to sniff as I write) The floral aspect of Burley is more predominant than SR. I read a single review that likened the scent to a "campfire that has burned down to the embers". I simply don't get that at all. @Tim Spencer is a fan of Burley, maybe he can chime in with a more informative post.

19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Vintage Williams and the OCMM teamed up today. Great shave. Family Dollar spice in a fancy bottle and a Burma Shave boar rounds out the team.

[​IMG]

MR41, Jayaruh, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  20. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

You got this post out just in the nick of time, 11:59, you almost missed williams wednesday.