shave with Williams Mug shave soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by wchnu, Mar 24, 2017.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Good stuff. Roller Guard/Henso. IMG_20190424_095440-01.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shaver X, RonT, AGHisBBS and 8 others like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Love that razor!

Shaver X, brit, Rob206 and 1 other person like this.
  3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Was finally able to get a shave in with the Modern Williams after a couple of weeks. So nice. I missed it so much. Felt good to get the Williams on the face. Even used the Aqua Velva Ice Blue. Such a good shave today.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

G E T O F F MY L A W N!!!

Even though you mistreated the Williams that is a beautiful set up.
    Travel with Williams. Your in the will! Bonus for the straight!
    That is one seriously good looking razor.

Perfect!!

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I got around to making some AV scented modern Williams. It worked great. As it dries out more from the process we will see how it goes. Video soon. This is my Williams Wednesday this week!
    [​IMG]

Hembree, AGHisBBS, BigD and 4 others like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thank you Fuzzy....:)

brit and Hembree like this.
  7. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Another great Williams Wednesday on my end.

AGHisBBS, brit, wchnu and 2 others like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Brisk scent was a flop. Needs more AS mixed in. The lather was great as usual and the shave rocked!!

20190501_154808.jpg

Thanks to @BBS for pointing out the Auto Strop is adjustable! For those that like such things here is ye olde video.

Shaver X, AGHisBBS, BigD and 5 others like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Always a good thing!!

AGHisBBS, BigD, brit and 1 other person like this.
  10. CallmeBill

CallmeBill New Member

Has anybody here used the shaving out from Bespokeunit? I have been using Noxcema cream(out of the tub/with boat bristls) for the last 35 years. I was looking to change up to a fine shaving system?!!

Frijolero likes this.
  11. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

You keep saying you are cheap. The term is cost effective. There's nothing cheap about your shave. Cheap is something that is poorly made or of low quality. You've got high quality stuff going for a low price. There is nothing wrong with that.

Cheap is cartridge razors and Gillette goo in a can.

Shaver X, Rob206, brit and 2 others like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

We need an AMEN button around here.

Finishing up a cost effective cigar planning a MAYhem shave.

Primotenore, Shaver X, Rob206 and 5 others like this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Have not heard of it.

brit, AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  14. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

These Williams shaves keep getting better and better. Had about a 1/3rd of the puck left in my Marvy Mug. Pried it out, put a new one in, and the old one on top. Such rich, thick, slick, and creamy lather. I really need to start taking pictures. Then again I'm pretty sure the other guys in the Latrine will think I went full retard. Then again it's the new Army and they'd probably ask if they could be in the selfie. We live in weird times.

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Would you say some are stuck in full retard?

Great that the shaves are rolling along!

16. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Just like back in the States, some people will always be stuck in full retard. Most of the guys and gals out here are good people, just haven't been taught. We're going on a third full generation where single motherhood is the norm. That's three full generations of no fathers there to teach the other half of life. It's starting to show. Most people when you sit down and talk with them with logic and reason they get straight. They'll go through a "red pill rage" finding out most of what they were taught was wrong, but they straighten out. Then you have those that have gone full retard, and you can't fix stupid. You can correct ignorant, but stupid is unable to be fixed.

Anyway, the Williams Mug is definitely my go to. I've gone through 3 pucks already. I shave everyday and every other day I use Williams. The days in between are so my good boar brush can dry out so I use different stuff. Variety is the spice of life, but it's good to have a staple product that is reliable and excellent.

I know I break the "Fuzzy" rules using my Williams, but it was your videos that brought me to Williams. I know you will never do it, but you should try to get a nice thick, rich, creamy, slick lather once in a bowl just to experiment. Then again if you do, you may never go back to the "Fuzzy" way. You might even start blooming.

17. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with bowl lathering the Williams. I did it on Saturday morning and got enough thick cushiony lather to shave 4 times. Don't worry about drying out your boar brush, use it daily if you want to. 24 hours is enough drying time regardless if it's broke in or or not.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

At one point I bowl lathered. I have moved on from that!

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  19. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

https://tenor.com/qUmz.gif

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and brit like this.
  20. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Wednesday 8th May

[​IMG]

Cold Water Shave
    Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Omega 11137 Boar Brush
    Baili BT131 'Tech' with a Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum
    Witch Hazel
    Palmer's Moisturiser
    Williams Aqua Velva AS

An extra night shift has been 'dumped' on me so a later shave was on the cards.
    3 passes for a great shave which will see me through the night.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, brit and 4 others like this.