shave with Williams Mug shave soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by wchnu, Mar 24, 2017.

1. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Full Williams and Full Outlaw.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

While Williams is not the best shaving soap I have ever used, it is far from being the worst. It has always done a reasonably good job, although now it is getting pretty hard to find. A tiny, hole-in-the-wall drugstore a few blocks away is the only place I can find it.

Wow, 80 pages on Williams!

BigD and brit like this.
  3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Last Night's Head Shave;
    [​IMG]

4. The situational shaver

The situational shaver Well-Known Member

I dig the Marvys Opal shave mug.

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and BigD like this.
  5. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I love it. There three nubs on the bottom that hold the puck in place as you load up.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  6. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

When I left Prairie Switch the end of February, I had a tube of Cremo menthol...not the best stuff, but work with wha'cha got, right? The mug & brush set I found last week happened to have a new puck of Williams included. Back in the game again! And when I walked across the street to the grocer's, I found they carried it. All I need now is a brush stand (working on that) ;) although I may go back to adding a dollop of Cremo to it, to improve the aroma...

Edit: Where I'm at, on the 33rd Parallel, Wally doesn't carry Williams (they do, however, have my Nivea Sensitive Cooling ASB), but the local grocer across the street does...and I bought half their stock. Two, out of the four pucks they had on hand. In a town full of old people, there must not be many wet shavers. (Lucky for me, I've got a good supply of blades, 'cuz the only blades I've seen for sale are Van der Hagens.)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and BigD like this.
  7. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Williams Wednesday with Vintage Williams;
    [​IMG]

8. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Williams Wednesday Worked Wonderfully for Me;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@brit
    That last little bit seems to last the longest. Hopefully I'll polish it off tonight with my head shave.

9. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Williams Wednesday HSOTN!
    @brit
    Killed it. Just need to get the carcass to you. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

10. brit

brit in a box

fine williams shave and pic Mr.D..:eatdrink047:

BigD likes this.
  11. Landro

Landro Member

Williams works great and leaves my face soft. Plenty of good lather to be built. I take soap directly from the Puck and do a quick application on my face then go back to the Puck and then work it in a seperate bowl till I get a good lather then apply to my face with a fully splayed out brush adding water as needed. All the lather a man could want.

BigD, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  12. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

DSCF0014 - Edited (5).jpg

Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat Set
    Gillette‌ ‌Nacet‌ Stainless
    APShaveCo. 24MM Mixed Badger/Boar Summer Handle
    Williams‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌in‌ ‌a‌ ‌vintage‌ ‌mug‌ ‌
    Aqua‌ ‌Velva‌ ‌Aftershave‌ ‌(Spanish‌ ‌Version)‌ ‌by‌ ‌Williams‌

DSCF0016 - Edited (8).jpg

13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Question: Did you trim the bristles on your shave brush?

14. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I've got to say, no matter how @BigD answers, you're an extremely observant guy! I'm checking out the cup emblem and noticing the upcoming demise of a bottle of Aqua Velva and you're measuring brush bristles lol! :p That's a good eye, and now that you've asked I'm dying to know. I would have never noticed the basis for the question, but after you asked @BigD I get it! I love TSD! You know I'm having fun with it, right lol?

15. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

LOL. No, it's the Zenith Big Scrubby B21.
    LOL. That Mug is the Bicentennial Pewter Mug that was a give away by Williams back in the day. Got a great deal on that auction site. Took some washing and elbow grease, but came out nice. Also, that bottle is dead now. I have to get it to @brit when it's safe to start mailing stuff out.

16. brit

brit in a box

williams wednesday
    #27 brit fb tech red set
    platinum
    yaqi ruby badger
    vintage williams mentholated
    alt innsbruck [​IMG]

17. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I have to say after having used Williams and Van Der Hagen pucks I can't tell any difference in how they lather, the only appreciable difference is the smell. If you like stinky stuff you won't like Williams unless the smell of industral solvents is your thing.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

i really like the vintage..

19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I've never tried the vintage stuff, might be a better formulation than the modern.

Primotenore and brit like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

it is..it's what built the williams name ..the modern builds a nice lather but takes work .the vintage is easy and slick..big difference imo..