Shaverboy DE razor blade review

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Frank Shaves, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Frank Shaves

Frank Shaves Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks back I received a 100 pack of Shaverboy DE razor blades from their eBay store and just tried one out today using my mild Wilkinson Sword Classic TTO razor. After my first shave with one I thought I'd post a little review.

After one shave, I am very impressed! I had been using Wilkinson Sword blades and in comparison these are pretty close in terms of shave quality. I think even the Shaverboy blade may be a little better.
    The only "negative" comment I can make is that there is a distinct odor of machining oil coming from the blades but I rinsed off the one I used before installing it and was good to go.

As far as sharpness they're a mild blade along the lines of the Wilkinson blade and had no problems taking down my 2 days growth of beard in 3 passes leaving my face nice and smooth with no irritation. I also shave with cold water so this may also help. Two hours later my face still feels nice and smooth.

My verdict is they're a good mild blade for the price. If you like or use a mild blade you may try these since they're very inexpensive. We'll see how it performs for the next 2 shaves. I don't have super sensitive skin but I tend to only use the same blade for 3-4 shaves max so for me they're a good deal.

Of course with all these products your mileage may vary. :eatdrink013: