Shavers and Sidearms

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Sontag, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Mostly steel action. Our club had monthly shoots but there is also 3 gun and IDPA. Have not done those yet. I swap out on the steel action. Will use my 1911s one month and then switch to either a Springfield XDM or Walther 5 inch competition - both 9 mm. About 200 rounds for each match plus several practice sessions each month - I go through 600 to 800 rounds per month. That's why I reload. My real sport is high power rifle - National Match Competition.

clint64 and PickledNorthern like this.
  2. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

That's close enough.

3. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Thought I would post another photo. Just received my new Edwin Jagger Chatsworth razor. Pictured with it are my two main carry firearms. Depending on the clothing I'm wearing, I carry one or the other. On the left is my Sig Sauer P938 in 9mm and on the right is my Springfield Range Officer Compact in 45 acp. I use an inside the waist band holster for the Sig and an outside the waist band holster for the Springfield. I don't always carry but I do keep one or the other in the car all the time. Having a carry permit helps in Washington State. Since the permit requires a complete FBI, with finger prints, background check, you can purchase a handgun and take it home the same day. Without one there is a waiting period. The cartridges shown are all reloads that I make.

Carry & Shave.jpg

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  4. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

2 very nice firearms. The Springfield is a favorite of mine. Does that Sig have a composite trigger?

5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

This is the handgun that can generally be found on me or in my pickup wherever I go. It is small, reliable, foolproof, and relatively inexpensive should something happen to it. Ruger LCR in .357.

[​IMG]

MN is a "Shall Issue" state, and also allows same day purchase once your permit is issued. CC permits are good for five years, then classroom and range certification has to be repeated.

6. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Nope - it blackened aluminum. A very nice pistol - easily shoots 3 inch groups at 7 yards. The front sight is fiber optic and is very bright during the day. Even though its fiber - it also glows at night as do the rear sights. I like it as it functions a lot like a 1911 - same style safety, take down, et cetera.

Redfisher likes this.
  7. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

The Ruger LCR - great little firearm. I have one also in 38 + P. I didn't mention it before but I will carry my LCR as well - usually in a jacket pocket if I don't want to carry one of the other two. Although I have a number of semi autos - I'm really a revolver guy. If a round doesn't go off - then just pull the trigger again.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  8. Poetical1

Poetical1 Member

I have the P938 SAS and absolutely love it![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Yup - Sig makes a well built firearm.

10. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Nice! Do you know what year this pistol was made? I'm guessing pre-WWII for sure. Reminds me of my Browning Model 1922, with the grip safety curving out at the top vs the bottom on 1911's. I'll post a pic soon with one of my razors.

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have no idea how old the firearm is. My father gave it to me when I traveled across country the first time in 1982.

BamaT, Screwtape and clint64 like this.
  12. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

It looks like an original Browning Model 1910. The magazine release is on the heel rather than the pushbutton release it was changed to on the revised version, the Model 1955.

It would look very much like @BamaT's 1922, because the 1922 was simply a 1910 fitted with a longer barrel and a rather clever slide extension nosepiece to cover it. That was done to allow Browning to submit the 1910 for military acceptance trials by a number of European countries immediately post-WW1 -- they were willing to look at small, light, handy and most especially cheap .32ACP semiauto pistols as secondary sidearms for officers and crew-served weapons operators in place of their existing expensive-to-manufacture revolvers but wanted at least a 4" barrel on them.

clint64 and BamaT like this.
  13. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

14. matt.braley.104

matt.braley.104 Active Member

Here's mine S&W 686 plus and my timeless[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

S&W 686 is probably the best revolver on the market. I have a couple - see below - big brother and little brother. Both in .357/38 spl and are the Pro Series with the flat sided barrel. The smaller is a J frame and only takes 5 rds. I threw the Fatboy in to make it Shave Den relevant.
    686.jpg

BamaT, Bobcat, mrchick and 1 other person like this.
  16. matt.braley.104

matt.braley.104 Active Member

New toy I just picked up she's so perfect sorry the timeless couldn't join in the pic I'm at work[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Has anybody on this thread ownered, fired, used; an 8 shot S&W .357? I believe it’s model 657.

Bookworm and BamaT like this.
  18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

That’s a good looking trio! I’m personally a little partial to the K frames.

mrchick likes this.
  19. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

BamaT and mrchick like this.
  20. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

The 627 is their 8 shot version. I would think it handles much like the 686 (7 shot), which I do own and enjoy shooting. Very accurate.

BamaT and mrchick like this.