Shavettes

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Mike-R41, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

Is this you in the video? I'm a whole face shaver so this video is not applicable to everyone.

Edison Carter likes this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It is. It would work the same if I did not have the goatee. It's all about angle and pressure. Technique.

3. Steveclarkus

Steveclarkus Well-Known Member

I have a Parker type shavette I can shave with quite well but do prefer the Focus Al with the corner protectors as I can shave more quickly with it. Less attention required and I don’t need to mute the blade corners.

4. Chuck Naill

In the spirit of full disclosure, I am absolutely no problem using my two Type E Schick, but I am confused what it is you wanted to communicate? There should be no confusion that the Schick design is quicker to use than an unguarded blade, and that was my point.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

The point is that a unguarded blade is just as quick. A open blade shave should not take longer then a safety razor shave.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You like training wheels. It is a common thing these days. Kind of like back up cameras and park assist. I have a Parker too. A favorite of mine.

7. Chuck Naill

You're wrong, but that's okay with me. :D

8. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I've shaved with the deluxe luxury homeboy shavette featuring the knurled 'fatboy' handle.

No biggie after learning any shavette.

part0-1.jpg

I'll still take the Focus, any day. Any Focus!

20190912_100231-1.jpeg 20190910_093317-1.jpg 20190907_103028-1.jpeg

danbuter, brit and Chuck Naill like this.
  9. Edison Carter

You forgot the automatic transmission dissertation.

brit and Chuck Naill like this.
  10. Edison Carter

... and The Original Sit Too-p shave forum

11. Chuck Naill

Yes....and how it is to shave my face dissertation....LOL!!!

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Ok it does not take me longer. You it might. Is that better?

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I don't shave your face. I do use the tools though. I know how they work. Your face is not that different from my face. Dude you quoted is on my ignore list so I have to guess what he said. It's not hard though. With my technique a blade is a blade and a razor is a razor. There is no big difference in open blade and safety razor shaving.

14. Chuck Naill

And you are the only person here who uses tools? If you only knew. I've never understood posts like yours. Happy to be on your ignored list lest I suffer more future nonsense.

15. Chuck Naill

Can't say. Why the pissing contest? Dumb.

16. Edison Carter

For the record, in the past I have documented the said individual out trolling here at TSD for new meat to bash. His fans revel in his abusive style. He even gave an example in the video above.

I just find it hypocritical that he would not tolerate his own behavior from others in the shave forum that he owns.

Steveclarkus and Chuck Naill like this.
  17. Edison Carter

Funny..... When I watched the video with the bastardized Schick stunt razor, he was cautioning others about blade corners.

Hypocrisy? You decide.

Chuck Naill likes this.
  18. Steveclarkus

Steveclarkus Well-Known Member

The stunt shaving guy is alias Slash McCoy on Badger & Blade and his is a rather avant-garde honing genius.

19. Edison Carter

I limit my participation to here at TSD.

I have read a fair amount of the writings of Slash McCoy. He has my respect. I think I've read him to be a big proponent of diamond pasted balsa, which I use.

I also think his original 'popcicle stick' shave inspired much of the same type of stunt thing on TSD. I followed suit with my own dressed up version this year.

For the MAYhem activities in the 30DC thread this year a couple went over the top for me. Freehanding a Feather was one, and superglued DE to the index finger the other. Pretty radical!

I have enjoyed learning to wetshave with an array of tools.

Steveclarkus likes this.
  20. Chuck Naill

Didn't realize he had facial hair. LOL, performing tricks and trolling about shaving while sporting a beard. :happy096:

brit, Steveclarkus and Edison Carter like this.