Shaving Accident

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by The Flying Frenchman, May 29, 2010.

1. Good evening everybody.

It appears that I suffered quite the accident while shaving today. Not to my face but to my razor. I was shaving with my open comb gillette. As I went to go rinse the lather off the blade, I hit the faucet with the teeth :(. It seems that during the incident one of the teeth was bent. It thankfully bent in a way not seriously affecting shave performance.

Since I am always full of questions, here is tonights. For the sake of aesthetics is it worth it to try and bend back a bent tooth? Or does this simply run the risk of breaking it off entirely?

Really it still feels fine I suppose. So I guess if bending it back to it's former straightness is impossible then I will simply live with it and consider it a battle scar for the razor :D

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Before trying to bend it back, I would suggest reading this thread.

3. Hahaha thank you for the link Dridecker. After seeing another thread discussing a gentleman snapping off a tooth I figured it was a fools errand. Better a bent tooth than no tooth :D

4. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

I am sorry to hear about your 'accident'. I imagine it is not a good feeling. You can consider though that you have now added your signature to the history of this razor and it is now a Gillette Flying Dutchman. Performance will not really be affected, so enjoy!