Shaving Brush Containers

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Rev579, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

brush tins1.jpeg

Pictured are 2 shaving brush containers that are typical components in the Gillette Traveler and Combination Sets, but the 2 larger containers are quite puzzling. I believe they might go with Rubberset Brushes.

brush tins2.jpeg
    brush tins3.jpeg
    brush tins4.jpeg

In the 3 images above, the large silver container matches the dimensions of the container for the Rubberset B-3 shown here

Based on the similarities between the containers not made for the Gillette sets, I am prone to guess the brass/gold container is also related to Rubberset somehow. Beyond that, I am asking for insights and welcoming best guesses based on legitimate resources. Hopefully @BladeShark will also see this post.

Attached Files:

PatrickA51, AGHisBBS, RyX and 3 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

very cool sir..

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Paperboy

Article Team
    The larger containers might also be for shave sticks.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  4. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

I’m not too sure about the thin container, as it lacks the ability push a stuck stick out. However, I’d love to see what went in it.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Pretty neat! Where I did you find those?

AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. Rev579

Rev579 Well-Known Member

I can’t recall where the silver container came from, however the gold one came from the auction site. And looks to be an ideal match for a homemade ToOBS shave stick(pictured with the silver container).
    2A93968B-004B-4C7D-A70E-AF1E209E5DBF.jpeg 5DBBBDF7-15F4-489B-B842-743386DF7D0D.jpeg

You’ll notice there is more wiggle-room or play when the shave stick is in the silver container.
    DFE85EDF-16DB-4AD3-A536-B399C1AFD5BD.jpeg
    BA4F5F21-41CC-470B-BDB5-93AAB1161235.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    brit, AGHisBBS, RyX and 2 others like this.