Shaving supplies in San Diego

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by benjiboy, Apr 28, 2013.

1. benjiboy

benjiboy Member

Does anyone know if there are any good places in San Diego that sell quality, classic, shaving supplies? Thanks in advance.

2. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

West Coast Shaving which has been online only since 2007 has recently opened a retail location @

14778 Pipeline Ave, Ste B
    Chino Hills, CA 91709

M - F: 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM PST
    Saturday by appt and they suggest you call to make sure someone is there. 866-639-8657

I wish I lived close enough to check them out in person.

3. benjiboy

benjiboy Member

I'll check them out! Thanks.

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Don't forget to check out barbershops,drugstores(Independants, Walgreens,CVS,Riteaid etc.) Beauty supply shops such as Sally's,even some Wally Worlds/Targets/Dollar General stores carry some shaving kit.....:) Honestly though I mostly have to go online for blades, razors, soaps/creams(other than Van der Hagan, C.O.Bigalow and Williams) and aftershaves (other than Aqua Velva,Skin Bracer,Old Spice,Brut, Masters BayRum, Clubman Original, Florida Water and store branded knockoffs)....I use Corn Huskers as a preshave(locally available, works as well for me as Proraso or Jack Black and is "ALOT" cheaper)!!!
    Hope this helps some....:)

5. benjiboy

benjiboy Member

Thanks. I have tried VDH soap, Williams, I have the cheap VDH brush and bowl and some Clubman after shave.

6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I still love my VDH two tone green lather bowl and use it everyday.. also have my Van der Hagan Delux soap, as well as Williams in my rotation and Clubman aftershave. The VDH brush while it was ok to start out, began quickly to shed on me so I replaced it with a #6 Horse hair brush from bestshave. The #6 I.M.O. is a Great little brush at a VERY inexpensive price!! The QC at bestshave isn't the best, but I've ordered several of these brushes and all have work well for me "YMMV"...I prefer Horse over boar ,bagger or synthetic..

Heres something you might want to try sometime,there is a post here at TSD about making it. It's called "Van der Williams" shave soap..Basically you grate a puck of Williams("DO NOT" microwave the Williams) and mix it with a puck of melted in microwave VDH Delux. I made a puck and it works "GREAT"!! I don't think you can get shave soap any cheaper(in fact you can pay "ALOT" more for shave soap that doesn't work nearly as well, I know this for a fact as I've done it....:)) plus you can get all the ingredients locally....:happy088: