Shaving too much?

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by IsaacRN, Aug 14, 2007.

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Well here is my question and I am not to be made fun of (Looks at JoAnna)

My usual what most people would call a 5 o'clock shadow develops after about 3 days of growth. Dont get me wrong...i have substantial coverage...but i dont wake up in the morning with a thick shadow. I do however have some light stubble....that can be heard substantially when i rub up on my face. What im wondering is shaving every day not recommended.

I enjoy the whole process, and i know that you dont grow any more hair the more often you shave, its just that i have began to love shaving. I use to always wear a beard, and while i do miss it, I enjoy shaving even more. I just wanted to get everyones take on this situation.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :confused: What did I do?

:rolleyes:

Besides, how can you be made fun of JoAnna? :p

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Fixed that :)

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :rofl Just keeping you on your toes!

5. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Isaac, my beard is pitch-black and so heavy, that I get 5 o'clock shadow at 2:30 unless I really get a BBS shave. When you have a good shaving set-up, you'll start loving your shaves more and more every day.

6. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Shave too much? Nah...unless it becomes a detriment to your skin or you get serious razor rash, just go easy and shave every day if you want. You just won't need as many passes. Now, a cut with the str8 or some other thing may keep you from shaving, but let that heal and then back to the program!

Enjoy the shaves!

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I shave everyday and once during the weekend. I always take a day off from shaving during one week's time. Everyone is different you have to find what is comfortable for you. There is no right or wrong answer just what works for you. If you do not feel comfortable shaving everyday because shaving irritates your skin then skip a day in between shaves. You have to give your skin the opportunity to get familiar to the new way of shaving.

Raf

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

its pretty use to it....im just wondering if there isnt as much OOMPF for the blades to grab onto, thereby kinda wasting a shave. Thanks for the advice :)

9. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Just dont go for BBS every day.
    You still get the enjoyment of the ritual, just not the pain and suffering that overshaving can bring.

10. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

As long as your face doesn't end up in the sink, enjoy the shave!
    If you need a break use a milder razor every once in a while, as Rick said;"enjoy the ritual".

11. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

My beard growth is really ready for shave after 36 hrs, instead of 24. If I shave every morning like I usually do there is very little noticable stubble, however if I don't by the afternoon I have a full shadow and look like I haven't shaved in days. In the past I shaved every other day but for awhile now I've started doing a two pass shave every morning maintaining a nice BBS.

12. jnich67

jnich67 Member

This is why I stick to 5/8 or 6/8 hollow ground razors Tuesday-Friday. Saturday and Monday, my beard is ready for the heavies.

Jordan

13. Sledge

Sledge New Member

aint nothin to be ashamed of... my mug takes about 2 or 3 days to have a substantial stubble.. but, halfway through the day it starts feeling scratchy... not like, visably noticable... but enough to piss off the lady in the house lol and i dont get good coverage... my hair grows on my face thinly in most areas, with the exception of the "goatee" area... which grows rather heavily... thus, when i get over my fixation with shaving every piece of hair off my face to test out new products... i will be growing my goatee again :)

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I recall hearing from a man who says that he shaves three times a day, not becuase he needs to but becuase he wants to. Its so much fun he can't help not doing it.

15. Sledge

Sledge New Member

bet his face looks like a supreme combo pizza....

16. Will

Will Nevermind

I bet I could shave a few times a day.

At 5am BBS.

At 1200pm I got some growth.

But I don't, one good shave aday is the way I like it.

17. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

2 shaves a day

For the 1st time ever in my history I did a 2 shaves today I woke up 6:20 AM
    did a 2 pass shave which gave a pretty good result but not really the satisfaction because I was more trying to wake up then to enjoy the shave.

so when I came home I had developed enough stubble to do another shave around 6:40 PM. this time much slower more relaxed. awesome again not a single burn what so ever.. so there you have it it can be done 2 shaves a day and will help me clear up some of my stock faster.. you could say someone who does 4 passes as one shave that I divided it up but not the case you can get BBS in 2 passes if your technique allows it.

18. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Isn't it wonderful to have a method of shaving that is so much fun that one can't wait to rush home and do the job again.

19. Sledge

Sledge New Member

Yeah.... until your face feels like you fell off a motorcycle on a crappy stretch of highway, and your face broke your fall... lol ::

20. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

And thats where Shea Butter, Pure Aloe Gel, Anherb, and a host of other fine products come into play.