Shaving with the Azor Day 1

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by The Chebb, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :happy097 :happy102 :rofl :happy001::kngt :shocked031

2. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

:happy102
    Hello all....This morning soaped up some Col. Conks Bay Rum for a DFS. The blades are still sharp and may last several decent shaves, perhaps more than a Fusion. So far no nicks, cuts, irritation or ingrown hairs, just a nice close shave.

3. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Shaving with the Azor Day 4 & 5

Didn't shave this morning since I was going out for a haircut & shave later that morning...ahhhh there's nothing like straight razor shave, always puts me to sleep, though I damn near flew outta the chair when their phone rang! Damn thing sounded like the Red Alert klaxion from Star Trek - I bolted up almost saying " Raise the shields!" shighitty!
    http://www.geocities.com/televisionc...avs/klaxon.wav

Yesterday lathered up some TOBS Mr. Taylors for a DFS. The blades are still sharp. Again so far no nicks, cuts, irritation or ingrown hairs, just a nice close shave.

4. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Shaving with the Azor Day 12

Previously on Shaving with the Azor:

Been shaving with the Azor and nothing bad to report except for a nick due to my cat trying to play "Cloverfield" with every bottle or tube of something on the bathroom sink, a momentary distraction and nothing more led to that. Have experienced several Damn Fine Shaves and one BBS prior to this morning's shave.
    This morning has produced another Azor BBS shave. Hot shower, Proraso pre-shave, My Time Bath & Body's Black Pepper Cream (Spicy!) followed by an Alum Block, Thayer's Lavender and Mama Bear's Peppermint Aftershave Milk post-shave. This was a 3 pass shave WTG, XTG and ATG with warm water rinse in between each pass with no nicks, cuts, or irritation. Had the Firefly & Serenity (Yep, I'm a browncoat) soundtrack playing in the background, with the wife sleeping soundly and the cat dreaming of salmon & mice contributed to a very serene shave.

5. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

King of Shaves Azor Test Day 16

This morning prepped with Proraso pre shave, whipped up some Mr. Taylors for another 3 pass DFS. Followed up with an Alum Block when I noticed a little stinging in the one trouble area under my neck, slapped on some Thayers followed by Mr. Taylors aftershave gel and the stinging was gone. There were no bumps, cuts, tugging or skipping just some irritation in my trouble spot due to me being a bit too aggressive with the Azor trying for that BBS.