Short-lived Stahly Fun Update

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Robyflexx, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Wow! That fun with the stahly was short-lived this morning I wound it up and it got stuck so I set it down and switched the head to my razorock bazooka handle and then I heard a loud pop and now it just turns and clicks. Apparently the spring popped out of the retainer clip or something so that's toast. What a shame :( On the bright side the head worked perfectly on my bazooka handle and provided the same coveted smooth shave. :) I'm torn.

2. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

That's too bad. But, the best part of a Stahly IS the head. It makes for a great shave.

You can always use the razor with the original, fat handle just for fun?

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I plan to, I found the handle to be comfortable for me. (Big Hands) :) Sure feel like it takes away from the nostalgia of having something so cool in working condition though.

Herm2502 likes this.
  4. DonMac

DonMac Active Member

That's a shame, although as previously mentioned, they have an excellent head assembly that would be perfect on your new custom handle.
    I have 3 of them, and have to admit that although I use them infrequently, every time I do use one, I too am waiting for that pop sound, turning it into a display piece.

Robyflexx likes this.