Short WB Restoration Visual...

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by Bill, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Bill

Bill Man of Steel

Ok... This is part of my shop (a one-car garage, basically) Far end is my Burr King grinder. All my kinves and razors are ground on this variable speed machine. Just a tad closer is my 3/4 horse Baldor buffer with a soft muslin on a tapered spine adaptor on the left and a 3M 80 grit radial bristle disc on the right.

[​IMG]

So, if you have these things in the closet, you can go from this....

[​IMG]

To this...

[​IMG]

In twenty minutes... :o But... I still have the scales to address and I also have to touch up the nooks and crannies on the tang.

2. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

Looks like a toy store to me... :D :signs154

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Great pics, Bill! :D

4. LX_Emergency

LX_Emergency Member

Fudge me!! I have to get tools like that....maybe if I retire someday. I don't even have a second bedroom nevermind the garage to store that stuff.

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Wow - that before/after shot is very dramatic. "After" looks like a brand new razor.....very well done. :happy088

6. bg42

bg42 New Member

Good day Bill ,excellent work as usual,Ripper actually.:drool
    You have brought up my next question, What is the best way to go about cleaning around the pivot area particularly with an older razor such W&B with horn scales and bullseye washers:confused: .. Sometimes when drilling out the pins you can damage the washers therefore being one short so if you can clean up one of these without removing the blade would be a good thing ,keep them coming Bill
    Kind regards Peter
    PS Been to the market 3times now and still haven't sold anything ,but I`m getting my card out and generating a fair bit of interest , I chose this one because it is known as a money market and it certainly dose have the crowds,however it is mainly for alternative lifestyles,I may change days ,not sure yet.
    I certainly have met a great number of experts. Talk to you soon Bill all the best to you and your family