Show Off Them Skills

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by IsaacRN, Jul 23, 2007.

1. harry

harry New Member

What a car:eek: veryyyyy nice

2. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

I had some free time on my hands. I must buy a portrait lens to start photographing people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Nice work!!! I just made the second picture the desktop background on my computer.

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Wow Yukio!!

Those are some Sweet photos!! :cool:

5. sehrgut

sehrgut New Member

I very much respect the art that goes into HDR photography . . . these are incredible!

6. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

John, thank you, here’s the original picture. As you can see I manipulated the colours because I want autumn to come faster.

[​IMG]

Neale, thank you.

VeryGut, thank you, but I must admit I’m getting lazy. There are gazillions of pictures like this on Flickr. I must try to not use HDR techniques so I can improve my skills and renew my style. I’m waiting for the new Nikon 50mm to start shooting people.

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Very nice Yukio, I much prefer the enhanced image over the original :cool: Have you done an HDR tutorial? or can you point me to one? My new gear is starting to trickle in.....I got the new body yesterday.......but no lenses yet :( I also have a 50mm on the way :)

8. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

9. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Those are great, thanks Yukio!!

Do you use the software program that they sell there to merge your bracketed images into a JPEG or do you use another program? I am not ready to try it yet, but I am very interested in the process.

So funny, I was shooting last night with the incandescent white balance setting on....I forgot about it and took some shots with the built in flash and get a lot of the blue cast you described.

I don't think my settings were close to correct.....1st one was on the Incandescent white.....2nd without....still looks pretty blue though even with the blue flowers.

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Yes, I use Photomatix to merge the bracketed photographs into a TIFF (Photoshop does that just as well, only slower), but the most important feature of Photomatix is the tonemapping tool.

The problem here is it is slightly underexposed. You can easily correct it with Photoshop but honestly, the built-in flash is only for fill-in flash. Also, shooting flowers by night is simply a bad idea. Even if the flower is correctly exposed, the background will always be dark (as night). What are the blue flowers supposed to look like?

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Yukio,

I will look at the photomatix program as something to consider in the future.....I do need to think about a SB800 down the road too...

I don't have any good photos of the blue flowers, just some that came in a flower bouquet I bought for my wife.

It has been raining all day and in the 40 degree temperatures....so no outdoor photos for me today. :(

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Anyone out there have any Fall foliage photos they can share?

Here's a couple with the 50mm 1.8 Nikon...I really do need a macro lens :o

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Everything’s green here, no fall to photograph. I suggest you change the contrast and push up the colours. If you shoot jpeg, set your D300 on “vivid” in “picture control”.

Attached Files:

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Yukio, will do....It looks much better after your processing skills :cool: I didn't do anything
    to the photos to enhance them as I am sure you can tell :o

Did you get your new lens yet? Any new shots?

Now set to vivid, Thanks! :1respect:1respect:1respect

16. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

Nope, no new shots. The new lens will only be released in December, unfortunately.

17. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Attached Files:

18. Padron

Padron Active Member

WOW,

That's what I'm talking about! :) Very nice Michael, were all the shots taken with the 18-200mm Nikkor? The colors look great :happy005

19. Padron

Padron Active Member

What lens are you getting in December Yukio? I thought you were getting a 50mm?

20. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Thanks, Neale. Yep. That's the nice thing about a zoom with that range. No changing lenses! I did take a few with the Tokina 100mm and discovered what it means not to have VR (or a tripod). I think I'll stick to macro shots with the Tokina (which is why I bought it anyway).

Here are two of the same scene for comparison....

Attached Files: