Show off your pens

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Darkbulb, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I like nice things but have a limited budget. One of the things that I have always admired is fine pens. My wife was at a garage sale on yesterday and paid $3 for a Mont Blanc Starwalker. It is brand new and in it's original case and box with instructions.

[​IMG]

brit, barbersurgeon, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Wow did she luck out! That is a beauty.

gorgo2 likes this.
  3. Preacher

Thanks. I'm still astounded. She actually didn't know much about it.

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

cross pen and refills on right , others unknown 20180812_230612.jpg

barbersurgeon, wristwatchb and gorgo2 like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Looks like it says 24.

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Neither, I suspect, did the seller.

7. Preacher

Actually, the seller knew exactly what it was. She was shopping in a very rich community and was at the sale of a family that really likes her (she is a really likable person, unlike me).

8. jar

jar Well-Known Member

Some larger pens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Preacher

I'm green with envy. I love wide barrelled fountain pens. The only one I have ever owned was a Waterman Expert.

10. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

This one stays in my company work truck. It gets lots of use. It also gets a lot of comments when I go to project meetings. My brother gave me this pen a few years ago, for Christmas. It uses PARKER refills. It is made of two empty brass rifle cartridges. One is from a .308 win. and the other from a 30-06. His favorite cartridge is the 308 while mine is the 30-06. So he had a pen made using them both. In the gun world it’s a big debate over which of these two American cartridges are the best. He and I tease each other all the time about who’s using the best cartridge. This pen is very special to me.

My brother also gave me a PARKER pen and mechanical pencil set when I graduated from high school. That set has been attached to the drivers side sun visor of every vehicle I’ve owned. That pen has signed almost every paycheck I’ve ever received since I graduated. I graduated over 22 years ago. It hasn’t gotten much use in the last few years since the company has gone to direct deposit. I’ll try to get a picture of that set as well. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbersh, brit, barbersurgeon and 2 others like this.
  11. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Here’s the pen that stays in my office. My wife and son got this pen for me for Christmas one year, as well. Our church holds a craft show every fall. A retired preacher of our church makes pens from all types of things on his lathe. They saw me looking at them, and when I left, my wife told our then 8 year old son to pick out a pen for daddy.
    The pen’s body is made of deer antler, and is rather thick, and has a bow in it. At first I didn’t like it, but I’m definitely used to it now, and it fits like a glove. It takes cross refills. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. brit

brit in a box

my current pens... 20180922_165010.jpg
    zebra 701 with metal clicker upgrade, cross century satin chrome., unkown sheaffer? uses cross refills,parker roller, unknown but writes well

Bama Samurai, wristwatchb and gorgo2 like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

i have one of those ...

Bama Samurai likes this.
  14. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Unknown looks pretty sleek

brit likes this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

thank you, it writes well and feels good in the hand, uses refills similar to uni-ball gel refills. no markings anywhere...

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Does anyone know how an older style (obsolete) metal ink cartridge for a ballpoint click pen could be refilled?

17. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member