Shower or Shave (SoS) June 4 - 10

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by rick, Jun 4, 2007.

1. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

TUESDAY

Slim Adjustable
    Derby blade
    Kent BK4
    FAX regular SC
    Varron Dandy AS
    LT disappearing cream

Nice shave, that Fax-cream is a good 'un :D

2. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Tuesday AM

Hot shower
    Proraso Pre-Post at end of shower
    SMF 1 brush
    '66 Slim Adjustable w/ Feather blade (Day 5)
    T&H West Indian Limes cream + QED Peppermint soap
    Warm water rinse
    Cold water rinse
    DR Harris Sandalwood A/S splash
    Cold water rinse
    Aqua Velva Ice Balm + Mama Bear's Summer A/S Milk (Rose & Lavender) + Limes Skin Food
    T&H Trafalgar EdT

Man, I could go the rest of my life with using only the following splashes after a shave:

DR Harris Sandalwood
    Aqua Velva
    Skin Bracer
    Proraso (green splash)

All the other menthol stuff (Lustray, Osage Rub, etc.) I use at night after I wash my face... but after a shave the above splashes are the 4 Horsemen.

DR Harris = Ric Flair (space mountain, baby WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)
    Aqua Velva = The Enforcer Arn Anderson
    Skin Bracer = Tully Blanchard
    Proraso splash = Ole Anderson

::git

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tuesday:

Omega brush
    Parker 22R/new Sharp
    Palmolive Refreshing Lemon shaving cream*
    Anherb a/shave conditioner
    Givenchy Pour Homme edt

no doubt about it, Sharps are the best for me, when it comes to a DE blade. I can shave with them even with my eyes closed! ;)

*Palmolive Refreshing Lemon cream is from India, and it gives great lather, and has a nice lemony scent, and terrific skincare.

4. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Tuesday

• Hot shower
    • Hot towel
    • Proraso Pre/Post
    • KMF Vanilla Mint
    • Omega Boar
    • (lather on face)
    • Slant/Swede
    • Royall Lime AS

Swedes are more forgiving for me than the Feather, and give as nice a shave.

5. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

after shower at the sink:

'53 Gillette SS w/Derby (1)
    Simpson Duke 2
    Proraso pre post
    De Vergulde Hand s/s
    warm water rinse
    touch up with disposable Gillette
    cold water splash
    Thayers After Shave w/h
    De Vergulde Hand asb
    L'Occitane Verbena edt

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Hot shower and towel
    Shavemac 944 Best
    T&H 1805
    Shumate 4/8 Semi Round point
    Nivea for Men ASB
    John Varvatos EDT

I could not get AOS Rose to lather at all. I remembered reading the label and it said Brush or Brushless. I guess more brushless than brush. Too bad.

Raf

7. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Nice Going Fritz. With all the stuff we've got, we may have to do the same thing. Maybe even a different soap cream per pass. :rofl

8. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Use them all at once and it feel like the 4 horsemen galloping across your face. :D

9. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Really? Can we watch? :D

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

2007-06-05

Shower
    Bar Soap: Dr. Bronner's Unscented Mild Castille Soap
    Shampoo: Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner
    Facial Wash: Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream (Nose & Forehead)
    Body Lotion: Burt's Bees Soothingly Sensitive Aloe & Buttermilk Lotion
    Deodorant: Burt's Bees Herbal Deodorant
    Shaving

Razor: Merkur 198 Hefty Classic Slant Bar Safety Razor
    Shaving Blades: Derby Double Edged Razor Blades
    Shaving Brush: Kent BK4 Small Ivory Silver Tip Badger Shaving Brush
    Shaving Bowl: Petco 4" Stainless Steel Pet Water Bowl
    Shaving Cream: Em's Place Em's Lathering Lime & Citrus Shave Cream (Really nice stuff and Note to Myself: A little goes a long way)
    Technique:
    WTG/45XTG/45XTG Cleanup
    Post Shave
    Aftershave:
    Em's Place Minty Menthol Aftershave and Body Splash (For the Menthaholics around here, all I can say is WOW!! is this nice stuff)
    Cologne: Mama Bear Spellbound Cologne (I love this scent. I got the complete set. It's warm, sexy and cozy and not overpowering.)

Result: 4.6/5.0 OK, this was one heck of a pleasant shave experience. Em's cream performed wonderfully and the Lime & Citrus had just the right amount of subtlety to it. It lathered a huge thick amount. I could of used half the usual amount. The aftershave? Talk about face shock and cool down. I had to wait 15 minutes before my face stopped tingling before adding the cologne. And the cologne? Well I'm sitting here feeling warm and fuzzy and wish I was home at the moment with my wife. :D

11. Spirit_of_76

Spirit_of_76 Yardley Ninja

Mama Bear Dragon's Tears Shaving Soap
    Kent BK4
    6/8 Case XX Tested Straight
    Handamerican Strop
    Shavex Alum
    Frankincense Hydrosol
    Hydrolast Unscented A/S Conditioner

12. fritz

fritz New Member

Well, that might work... But, aside from the fact that's it's almost (SWMBO is watching) the most luxurious thing that's ever touched my face, one advantage of the BK12 is that it helps you use up that enormous inventory of soaps and creams that you have collected, so that when you die, there will be only 30% of it left unused, as opposed to 60%. :D:D

So, if I used a different soap/cream each pass, lessee, carry the 2, cross product of the |S|vector with the |U|vector... Oh heck, I'm gonna hafta write a program to figger this...;)

Later,

13. fritz

fritz New Member

This was funny at first, but it started me thinking. Could I really shave with my eyes closed? Actually, I think I could (although not with a str8). Of course I might have to have my eyes open to find things, to lather, etc. But the actual shaving is pretty much feel. (I know all about this. From age 6 I have been 20/550 or so vision-wise, and routinely shaved without my glasses in an ordinary mirror, which is about looking at an image 6 feet away.) I recently installed a swing-out 5X magnification mirror, which I think is a nice thing. But I could live without it.

14. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

This is one of the reasons we do super lathers. Two products at once. And here I thought it was to create more luxurious lathers. :D

OK, so, if I use an unscented cream as a pre-lather, a soap and cream as a super lather, one of them unscented. That would give me three products. If I did a clean up pass with a hand smoothed cream or shave stick then that would be four products. How am I doing? :D

15. fritz

fritz New Member

Well, actually, (read: seriously speaking) the super lathers are something I think are really worth investigating. I've tried a few combinations, and been very pleased. But you're right, as usual. It will help use up the excess SC/SS in the world! ;)

16. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I do super lathers maybe 1 in 10 shaves. They are very nice but, it takes me twice as long to decide what I want to use. The one easy part is I stick to one part is unscented. I'd go nuts if I started pairing up scents. I know there are some fantastic recipes for doing just that though. Work is never done. :D

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Sure, Rich, no problem!

18. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Tuesday AM:

Dang, its been a while since I posted up my shave....I have been really struggling with the straights. Went the DE route today:

Shave
    Warm Water +++
    Lucky Tiger Lemon PreShave
    Hot Towel
    Warm Water +++
    Savile Row 3226
    Williams Mug Soap
    Palmolive Lather Cream (US-red)
    Gillette '59 Fatboy dialed at 2 :eek:
    7AM v3 Double Edge Blade

Shower
    Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap - as a shampoo
    Oregon Soap Company Patchouli Soap - face
    Speick Bath Bar

Finish

Cold Water
    Italian Floid Aftershave Splash
    Cold Water
    Witch Hazel Spray
    AOS Sandalwood Aftershave Balm - all over face
    English Leather Cologne - Original
    Booster Lanolin Hair Cream
    Aubrey Organics Pine Needle Deodorant Spray

19. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Sorry to hear your struggling with the str8. :(

20. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

As am I - I'm real close to throwing in the towel........ Every time I use a straight, I end up late for work with a butchered Mug. I think its just not for me.