Si Gi Dublo

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Mannic, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Mannic

Mannic New Member

Last week i purchased a razor. On the base plate there is a name Si Gi Dublo, is here anyone familiar whit this brand and can me tell something more about this brand.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    If I had to guess, Si and Gi are abbreviations of longer names. Dublo is probably a reference to "double," and might be a misspelling of duplo.

A little more info would be helpful. Is it an old razor, new? Did you order it from aliexpress, ebay, etc. Where did it ship from? What does the razor look like?

Queen of Blades likes this.
  3. Mannic

Mannic New Member

I’m sorry, its a vintage razor. The only info i have found about Si Gi Dublo is i package of blades from solingen.

Attached Files:

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Just based on the case, handle, and bakelite bottom cap I would say it is probably German made, between 1930 and 1960. (Probably much closer to 1960 than 1930). It could also be of Fench or Spanish manufacture, but to me looks German. European at least.

The blades being made in Solingen are kind of a clincher to that. Vintage blades were usually made near the vintage razors they went to. Regional manufacture, not the global stuff Gillette pioneered.

Mannic likes this.