Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Rufus T., Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Donors are coming forward with BY razors - please confirm your data and participation.
    Thanks!

Jasman likes this.
  2. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

If I picked granddad's bday it would have a flint blade. The things I grew up with are now real antiques. When did that happen?

Norcalnewb and NapalmCola like this.
  3. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

First day of donations: Two donated razors have been loaded into Santa's Sleigh!

PM me with birth year razor donations!

4. gmaugie007

gmaugie007 Well-Known Member

blessed and humbled ... to have received this beautiful, 1963, I2 slim

my precious!!!

upload_2015-11-18_14-29-25.png

upload_2015-11-18_14-30-2.png

upload_2015-11-18_14-30-19.png

upload_2015-11-18_14-30-42.png

... from my 2015 date code secret santa ... @twhite

thank you, tom! may you and yours have a blessed and merry Christmas!

5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

My pleasure. I am glad it got there safe and sound.
    I don't know if you have a slim but they are great shavers. Enjoy.

May you and your family have a wonderful and safe Christmas.

Tom

6. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Wow, what a beauty! Congrats gmaugie!

Way to go Santa Tom!:santa
    A very generous PIF and another great example of the caliber of people on TSD!

wristwatchb and Norcalnewb like this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

It is my pleasure. I love to contribute to this AWSOME forum. GREAT group of people. Besides having a birth razor is something very special.

Tom

wristwatchb, Norcalnewb and Rufus T. like this.
  8. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

DSCF0872.jpg Look what I found left on my doorstep when I got home from work! Santa has left me a gorgeous Gillette Super Speed with my birth code f A1. His plating is flawless, the doors are silky smooth. The blade locks in tight and perfectly aligned. His handle has crisp knurling in absolutely new condition. This is definitely going to be treasured till the end of my days. For 60 years old this old gentleman has withstood the years much better than I have :)

Rufus. You have definitely brought Christmas joy to my den early this year; and for that, I’ll be forever grateful to you. It’s people like you that make TSD such a great place! :thanks:

Included are my sorry attempts at trying to capture the beauty of this old fella. Also look for the performance in the SOTD.

DSCF0870.jpg DSCF0871.jpg View attachment 83323

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

That is one beautiful razor. Congrats.

Norcalnewb, Rufus T. and Spyder like this.
  10. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

I'm so glad it has made your day Spyder. We share the same birthyear - 1955.

I got started in this method of shaving just this year using a Tech. I was hooked. I chose to move down the vintage path and sought birthyear razors. This '55 SuperSpeed was my first birth year purchase. (But it was not my birth quarter.)

I was happy, fortunate and surprised to find a couple birth quarter razors soon thereafter. So when @gorgo2 started this PIF idea, I jumped at the chance to spread that same joy.

This razor was very well preserved and cared for. It was advertised as in “mint” condition when I bought it. And was it ever! I’m glad that you’ve immediately seen that quality as well. I had one shave it and loved it.

I hope it provides another lifetime of great shaves for you.

Best wishes for the holiday season!
    :santa RT

11. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Is that only the 2nd match? I know we had a lot of guys sign up....I find it hard to believe we only found 2 matches.

Come on guys..

12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I am out each weekend looking for more razors. I was hoping the slims i found this past weekend would match. No such luck. I figure i have a few more weeks to find something else to send out.

Searching is fun. But being able to match up a razor was a great feeling.

13. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I've got a pair of superspeeds

S2

K4

no match

14. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Just sent pm with tracking numbers on 4 packages

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  15. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Don't fret kids! Santa has just gone out on another delivery run! :santa

But I know that he has also posted a "Elves Wanted" sign and needs all the donations he can get!

Thanks guys! You are now official elves! Keep up the good work. :santa :santa

Anyone else?
    :santa

Norcalnewb and twhite like this.
  16. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Thats an excellent idea....I'm old enough to have great birth year choices but one of my all-time favs is my Dad's Birth Year Ever Ready....

Norcalnewb and Rufus T. like this.
  17. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Ladies and Gents, I present - Sir Rod, :santa Elf of the Year!

:party: Way to go Rod! :bounce017:

18. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this high praise. This is just a little gesture to give back to a community that has been very generous to me. I've been called many things during my life, but an Elf has not been one of them. I am just pleased that I could be a part of this and contribute in a small way to others joy. May you all have a blessed Christmas.

19. FancyRamen

FancyRamen Active Member

Not sure if my info was updated ot not but I'm an E3.

Norcalnewb and Rufus T. like this.
  20. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Ever since I received the note from @Rufus T. of a possible match, I have been anxiously waiting to see what would arrive. My birth code is G3 (1961) which is an interesting year as Gillette made five distinct models of razor (not counting variations). Still, I was more than a little surprised when this showed up in my mailbox today:

aristocrat.jpg

It's a first quarter Aristocrat Adjustable in beautiful condition except for some loss of the gold plating on the doors. I saw a hint of gold as I was unpacking it, but never expected this.

I sit here deeply awed and touched by the generosity of my Secret Santa and the other members of this community. I've written to Vince about a possible gift on my part, but know I have nothing as nice as this one to pass on.

All I can say is Thank You to my Secret Santa for the wonderful gift and to Vince for pulling this all together.

JR

wristwatchb, Norcalnewb, Joef and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.