Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Rufus T., Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Great stuff John!
    Your reaction and response is everything a donor would need to hear to bring them the same level of satisfaction in giving, as you've experienced in receiving.

Congrats to all associated with this TSD Forum for fostering this wonderful environment!
    And enjoy your shaves John!
    Vince

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  2. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

It was updated FR.
    Still looking for a match...

Norcalnewb likes this.
  3. rxshave

rxshave Member

To wrap up my first year in DE shaving I was lucky enough to receive this absolute gem from a donor. The name on the mailing address I shall not share, so whomever was my donor in the forum, thank you very much. It is a lot harder to access products up here in Canada, but this forum has proven that traditional shavers are willing to go well above and beyond to help uproar each others' gentlemanly appearance (and womanly for those brave females in DE shaving). But anywho, check this beaut' out guys.. I will post my SOTD tomorrow with it. Much Excite!!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448835549.984722.jpg

4. rxshave

rxshave Member

All hail Roderick, whiskers fear him.

Norcalnewb, Joef and twhite like this.
  5. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

UPDATE: As of Dec. 1 - Razors (9) Loaded into Santa's Sleigh = :santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa

Santa has run out of elves to fill the sleigh!
    Help Wanted - More Elves Needed!

Donor's: Please send in your match as soon as possible to: @Rufus T.

twhite likes this.
  6. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Santa's sleigh was early this year! I got home to find a very nice 1971 Super Speed Black Handle Razor! This is my first vintage Gillette, my first butterfly/TTO razor, and my first safety bar razor. Thank you, Secret Santa Epimetheus, and Santa Rufus!

Pictures will be uploaded if/when I can figure out the tech.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  7. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Santa visited my house yesterday. I got a great V1 British Tech. It looks and shaves great. A big thank you to the Secret Santa and to @Rufus T. The generousity of the members of this forum is outstanding and one of the reasons I enjoy spending time here.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

wristwatchb, Hodge, Joef and 5 others like this.
  8. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Glad you like the razor Jim!

All the thanks goes to some very creative Elves back at the workshop, as the V1 date code was used a bit liberally in your case. Something tells me you weren't born in 1950!

:santa

wristwatchb, twhite and Spyder like this.
  9. Norcalnewb

My parents weren't even born in 1950, but the date code matches mine, so it is perfect! It is a fantastic razor, and once again, I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of the Elf who put it in Santa's sleigh for me.

wristwatchb, Hodge, Joef and 2 others like this.
  10. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure this is the the 1975 version of the Tech. Mr Razor shows a 1972 version with the same stamped top cap and aluminum handle. The 50's Tech's had steel ball end handles or the Fat Handle. Here is a 1972 set from Mr. Razors site. I'm glad you like the razor. Enjoy your adventure and have a blessed Christmas.
    [​IMG]

11. Norcalnewb

All the better! The Techs are underrated, and this is my first British version. It is great, and I will definitely enjoy it!

twhite and Rufus T. like this.
  12. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Whoa, way cool Rod!
    I hadn't seen the actual razor when sent to @Norcalnewb
    But I'm glad you jumped in and straightened me out!

Norcalnewb and twhite like this.
  13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Was out looking today. No luck on any razors. Very few Garage sales today. I think it is too close to Christmas. Checked a few stores and no luck. I will try again next weekend.

14. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Thanks for your hard work Chief FieldElf twhite!
    We all appreciate your efforts!

Spyder and twhite like this.
  15. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

Hmm...I "think" I understand? Mine is 1943 October! I'll follow the lead! "Merry Christmas," anyway, though! :poze:

16. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Santa came to my house this evening while we were at dinner. I got a P1 1970 Black Handle Super Speed. It looks brand new! I am going to shave with it first thing in the morning and wanted to extend my sincerest gratitude to my Secret Santa and to Rufus who's hard work made it all possible. Thank you both! She is a beautiful razor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Now that's what everyone needs...a shaving monkey!!

Spyder, Joef and mikewood like this.
  18. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Great picture. . . and custom title fodder.

wristwatchb, Herm2502 and mikewood like this.
  19. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I think he came from czech republic via etsy.

He was originally part of a salt and pepper shaker set. The wife didn't like him at first. Something about a demon possessed monkey figurine that comes to life when she sleeps and cuts her up into little pieces with the razor. She has a thing with dolls. I don't know... I convinced her the monkey is like curious George but is doing a windmill like Pete Townshend of the Who. So now he is good and can stay.

Herm2502 likes this.
  20. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

This mornings shave was with my Y3 Superspeed I received yesterday from my secret Santa. It is a beautiful razor that is very clean and shiiinny. My secret Santa had the handle replated nickle. It makes my other superspeeds look like I just picked them up from the trash heap.
    I loaded a new Feather into the razor and it preformed flawlessly giving me an exceptional shave. The only photo I have now is of today's shave. I will post more later. Thank you @Rufus T. And my secret Santa for this beautiful Birth Year and Quarter razor. Have a blessed day everyone.
    [​IMG]

wristwatchb and Joef like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.