Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Rufus T., Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Oh man, I hadn't seen the Pete Townsend pose! That is awesome even if it is possessed.

mikewood and Joef like this.
  2. Greg Becker

Greg Becker Member

Sorry for the late post -

After a slight delay due to a slightly tipsy elf at the addressing machine, I received my birth razor - a VERY nice K1 Slim! Thank you very much to the giver, the intermediate recipient, and the other folk for making this happen!

[​IMG]

3. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Nice one!!

4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Very nice!

5. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

hear hear

Maybe we have a new CT in the making? Your highness...?

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

Wait a minute! We share the same date code if not year? Did you say that when we were talking about date codes? If so, I missed it.

(I'm not in by the way. It's just that @JR Reyes and I had an offline discussion about date code collecting apart from this thread.)

7. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

As time winds down, like logs on the fire on Christmas Eve, our first Secret Santa Date Code Razor PIF comes to a close - with many thanks to go around.

First to @gorgo2 , for his original idea for this PIF way back this past summer. But as life does to all of us, other responsibilities popped up along the way for him and he asked me to see the project through this year.

For better or worse, I attempted to fulfill what he had laid out as the goal of the project. Any success was due to the great giving spirit and willingness to pitch in from many in this group.

The results show that of those who signed up to be part of the project (57 shavers), 10 of them received a razor (17.5%). It is important to note, that we had another 10 razors that were offered, that were not utilized because we did not have a match for those particular birth quarters.

Draw whatever conclusion you care to from those stats, but I’m thankful for all those who were so willing to donate - whether we found a match for the razor or not, and very happy for those who were fortunate to receive one.

The program had a few hitches along the way, but was a good learning experience for many of us, with many lessons to be learned if the members wish to have another go at this next year.

Feel free to add your thoughts.
    Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!
    RT

Herm2502, Jostalli and wristwatchb like this.
  8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thank you for taking it over. Merry Christmas!

9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Yes Rufus thank you for doing this. I will start looking for more razors for next year.

I say it was a great success.

Tom

10. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

The two I offered still found new homes with newer members...so it was still a success...in my eyes.

Thanks for the hard work that went i to this...and Merry Christmas gents.

wristwatchb likes this.
  11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

A beauty!

12. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I was one fortunate enough to be gifted my birth code razor. I am extremely grateful, it's truly very special to me:). Merry Christmas gents, and thanks again Rufus T ! (aka Vince) for heading up this project:)

wristwatchb likes this.
  13. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

My Secret Santa is the best!! My birth year Gillette Slim arrived right on time - on Christmas Eve of Course. What a great gift - it will go into use on my next shave:

upload_2015-12-25_15-37-55.jpeg

wristwatchb, BigCabDaddy and twhite like this.
  14. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Very nice razor! You certainly must have been a good boy this past year:)

twhite likes this.
  15. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Or I got away with it :angelic007:

Spyder and twhite like this.
  16. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Vince for organizing the activities at the North Pole. Thanks to all the Santa's. You made some kids very happy!

1.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Jostalli, twhite and Spyder like this.
  17. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Thanks for ask you efforts, Vince. You da' man!
    [​IMG]

Jostalli, wristwatchb and twhite like this.
  18. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I'm new to this site and to wet shaving. I've never seen such commoderie or generosity . Congrats to the receivers and a special applause to the givers. May you all have a safe and happy New Year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.