Silly Trends

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

But Natural Sugar isn't as bad as added.

brit and DaltonGang like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Amazing stuff. I've been reading lately about that war, it was a nasty and intense conflict. Hard to believe that was ~35 years ago. Praise God for bringing you through, and may He grant eternal rest to your fallen brethren.

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

These listed trends gave me an idea. The next time someone says to me "The reality is is that", I'll bounce back with "Whatever"..... :angry017:

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Well, sugar that's added really isn't that good for you. But, it seems that it's rather addictive, and consumed way too much.

Billyfergie and Paul Turner like this.
  5. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Unless of course you are adding it to cookies. Those are very good for you. :happy108:

6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Saying "Whatever" to me, by my kids, is one way to get a knee-jerk reaction from me. Nothing physical, but when they see the look on my face, they all of the sudden get the "Oh-crap, did I just say what I thought I said" look, followed by an immediate retraction, and promises not to do it again. It's kind of funny to see. It's just that you can't let them see you laughing inside.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:happy097:

:happy088::happy088::happy088:

:happy088::happy088::happy088:

:shocked003: Glad you made it tackle intact. :scared001:

brit and Billyfergie like this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Forgot to add:

Kimchi = good
    Wine - good
    Garlic - good

9. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Depends on the continent. Someone from the Caucasus Mountain region would be baffled if you showed them your potatoes or tomatoes, or even a yam or sweet potato. An Incan would be really confused about that turnip or parsnip you were eating.

Modern man really has a lot more choices around to eat - and yet we (mostly Americans) don't. Why would you eat frog's legs or snails when you aren't desperately hungry?

10. Bama Samurai

Boring. When I finally get something right, let me know.

;)

Redfisher likes this.
  11. Redfisher

Frogs legs are delicious..

Killerflyingbugs likes this.
  12. Bama Samurai

They are also the only food that "tastes like chicken", specifically the second joint section of a wing.

Bookworm and Redfisher like this.
  13. Bookworm

Nah - your diet is probably light years better than mine. I mean, I'm having the healthiest food I've had in a week now - I'm boiling great northern beans. (And to make you feel even _better_, I managed to boil it over due to a customer calling, and just had to clean up half the pot of water that ended up on the stove. So it's obvious I shouldn't cook.)

I'm more poking fun at those that keep talking about the 'paleolithic diet' (see my post above about diet fads), when what they're eating wouldn't have been available to paleolithic man.

Killerflyingbugs likes this.
  14. Bookworm

Really? Never had them, so I wouldn't know. What about alligator or snake? I've been told that the consistency is roughly the same as chicken as well.

15. Redfisher

I don't know if it's the only food that tastes like chicken but yeah you are right.

brit likes this.
  16. Bama Samurai

I love beans. Red, pinto, black, white, Anisazi, all of them. Eat some at least 5 days per week. My diet is so straight, the last time I went to a fast food joint it caused a near existential crisis.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    brit and Keithmax like this.
  17. Redfisher

"Gator usually tastes a little fishy but I suppose it depends on what they are eating.

brit likes this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Tried all that. Frog legs, no kidding, tastes just like the middle of a chicken wing. Alligator is "similar" to farmed chicken thighs, but frog is a dead ringer for wings.

19. Bookworm

I'd love to do that. Unfortunately, I'm in IT, and self-employed, and that means "eat on the move". What I want is a restaurant that's reasonably quick and serves _things other than onion and lettuce_. Beans, turnips, turnip greens, mustard greens, parsnips, radishes, kale, beans sprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo - all those things that normal restaurants refuse to serve. And if they do have them (Luby's, for example), everything is cooked with onion. (Onion and cabbage. The two foods that humans can't digest well, but that keep being eaten)

Keithmax likes this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Yes, texture is fine, but I don't like the muddy and fishy smell.