SIMPLE custom Vintage used Razor Blade holder

Discussion in 'Special Projects' started by FacialCarnage, Jan 15, 2013.

1. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

I got dressed and left for work this morning but had to turn around and come back home due to icey roads and the interstate being closed. I have the morning off now, so I decided to share my newest little project. It took about 15 mins to put this together. I found an old medicine bottle with the caps they used before the bottles were made child proof and put a slit in the top a little bit larger then needed to slide a blade through.

I used Photoshop to find a cursive script and some filigree and labeled the bottle. You could make a label with almost any Word MS or Paint program. I just prefer photoshop because I can specify the size I want to print. I used some clear tape to laminate the image and then cut around the edges and taped it to the bottle. TA DA! Now you have a place to dispose of your used razorblades.
    I will update with pictures soon.[​IMG][​IMG]

Ryan Bales and 178-bplatoon like this.
  2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    What's the plan when it gets full?

3. FacialCarnage

We already have two trash cans, one for paper products and one for aluminum. I will toss it in the bag with the rest of the cans.

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Be vary careful. If the blades cut through the bag, they could hurt the trash collector.

5. FacialCarnage

mmmk, I'll be sure to put them in a metal container. :smiley respect:

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Good idea. There are sure to be some metal containers you have to dispose of anyway. I suggest you tape it shut, to avoid accidents.

7. Tylerbrycen

Tylerbrycen Member

Great idea I need to get a razor bank

8. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I just use an old Altoid tin.

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

That's what I use too.

10. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

My used blade container doesn't look fancy, but works like a charm..I use an empty spice container(parsley flakes). It happens to fit perfectly in the bottom drawer of my vanity. Its tall and will safely hold many "YEARS" worth of blades, the screw on top has a flip top opening/closing that the blade fits through easily, the container and lid are made of a heavy gauge plastic, so when the time comes all I'll have to do is securely tape up or even super glue the lid, making it safe to handle and dispose of.....:)

11. Tylerbrycen

Tylerbrycen Member

I'll probly have to do this

FacialCarnage likes this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Does anyone remember the old razor blade commercial from the 60s where the guy drops his used razor blade through the slot in the back of his medicine cabinet and in the next shot (outside) the building collapses? That was a funny one.

13. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Has anyone taken used blades to a recycling center?

14. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I bought a blade bank at Razor Blades and More for a dollar. It should hold a few hundred blades with no problem.

15. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I like the vintage touch on the label. You know many areas where there are recycling facilities, have a place where you can deposit your spent blades. A while back I found out that there was a metal recycling drop off at my local dump and razor blades were accepted there. All you need do is to inquire at your local recycling depot and they'll tell you if used razor blades qualify...