Simpson Brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by IsaacRN, Aug 5, 2007.

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I ran across a site selling Simpsons brushes and noticed they were pretty much going for > 200 bucks.......whats up with that. Are they really that great that you would spend more than 200 dollars?

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I know that there are Simpsons that sell for less than $200. I do not own a Simpson for different reasons but they are personal choices I made after reading and talking to folks who had these brushes. Just like any other item in shavedom...some like them others don't.

Raf

3. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Only the large high grade ones should be going up over 200, such as Polos and Chubby Supers. Most Simpsons are less that that. I think the Duke models are great for what they cost. Check out Leesrazors.com

4. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

You can definitely get a Duke 2 or 3 for well under $200. I have the Duke 2 and it is my favorite soap brush.

5. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Isaac,

Do you have a link? I have a few Simpsons brushes and am in the process of buying another.

St. Croix

6. msandoval858

I agree the recommendation on the Duke 2. Great mid size soap brush. Everyone who uses soaps should have one ;)

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Chubby1 in Super for me.
    I came close to trading her in a cuppa weeks ago, but she is outstanding for soaps and building lather on your face.
    I'll never give her up :o

8. msandoval858

Ah the good stuff :D

Attached Files:

9. xChris

xChris Member

Mike,

Is that your Harvard H6? I've placed that model on my short list foir brushes -- ya gotta give me some 411! Please elaborate on loft, knot density, feel, etc., etc.
    THANKS!

Pardon my thread hijack, Isaac. Mike, PM me if more appropriate...

10. msandoval858

Chris,

If you like big brushes the H6 is right up there with it's larger Polo cousins. I don't have exact measurements (never seen them posted anywhere) but I'll try to get those to you shortly.

This thing holds buckets of water and is a bit too large for use with soaps, for my preferences at least, others may say different. I used to use this brush for Method Shaving before CAR got the new Shavemasters finished and it worked great.

11. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I have two Harvards in Best: a 2 and a 3. I really like them both. Obviously, I prefer a smaller brush, but then I lather on my beard.