Simpson Duke purchase and stupidity

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Rio Bravo, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Rio Bravo

Rio Bravo Well-Known Member

Not much to report other than stupidity... I purchased a Simpson Duke D2 pure badger. It arrived today and I have left it at the office! So I have to wait until Monday evening before I get to try her out. Now for you die hards out there, I'm sure popping back to the office is totally acceptable; But I have worked late most nights this week and worked last weekend... I think my straight razor will be embedded somewhere if I even suggest going back to the office. Should I just head back and get the brush or wait until Monday?

wristwatchb, clint64 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Go back and get it.

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Go back and get it. Otherwise it will be on your mind all weekend.

jwr0201, figment714 and Rio Bravo like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Agreed. If the round trip can be made in less than 45 minutes and you can walk in, get your brush, and walk out without doing any work (that includes answering questions!), go get it!!!!

5. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

Respect "The Duke". Do whatever it takes to go get it!
    :transport016:

jwr0201, Boojum1 and Rio Bravo like this.
  6. grump

grump Well-Known Member

If you left your phone, would you go back to get it?

Yes, go get it.

Rio Bravo likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Well, if he took my advice above, he should be walking in the door right about now.

Rio Bravo likes this.
  8. Rio Bravo

Partner just looked at me and gave me the, if you even think about stepping out that door, look! I'm thinking I might get up early an pick it up

9. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I'd wait until next week to pick it up….but that's me.
    The necessity of a phone is quite different than that of another shave brush, no matter how nice the brush, so I'd understand going back to the office for a phone, briefcase, favorite chia pet, whatever…. :D

grump likes this.
  10. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

LOL....are you really asking us?....go get that thing, if the wife say's "we need....." that is your que.....I GOT IT HONEY, is your response....everyone is happy

11. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

Go get it man! It's a matter of life and death. The anticipation will kill you. :angry021:

12. Rio Bravo

Still holding out. I decided to wait until Monday. Something to look forward to and hopefully will ensure that no matter what happens - Monday will end nicely :). Will keep you all posted. Can I last throughout Sunday :angry021:

13. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

:)Not to be rude BUT that"s the dumbest question. I heard all day. Must have just been a brain fart. Now go get that brush and post some photos

Rio Bravo likes this.
  14. Rio Bravo

So sorry for the delay. Long story short, I was unable to collect the brush on Sunday. Somehow I managed to survive until Monday only to find I forgot to bring it home! However I did remember to bring it home on Tuesday and here is/are the photo/photos to prove it. I am waiting until the weekend before I use it. Just because this week is a little tough and I feel I need something to look forward to at the weekend.

image.jpg

Spyder, Kenny Ingram and clint64 like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Looking good.

Rio Bravo likes this.
  16. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Very nice. Let us know how it goes!

17. Kenny Ingram

Kenny Ingram Well-Known Member

Nice! Can someone please enlighten me on what the difference is between a Simpsons pure badger brush, and something like a Whipped Dog pure badger?

18. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the difference is about $30 and a brand name. I am not trying to be snarky, I just bought a Simpsons brush, and I am not totally sure it is worth the asking price. Maybe with more use, my opinion will change, but as of now, that seems to be the main factor that sets it apart from other brushes I own.

ObiDon and Kenny Ingram like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Well, what did you end up doing??

20. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

+1:signs011: